Service ManagerApply Job ID REF8654W Date posted 12/14/2022 Address Friedrich-Bergius-Ring 30, Würzburg, BY Job Type Full-time
Diagraph, a global division of Illinois Tool Works, Inc., offers exciting career opportunities across the U.S. and abroad. At Diagraph, our employees experience a small company, family-like atmosphere. We empower all of our employees to “Make Their Mark” in the organization by adopting the entrepreneurial culture.
At Diagraph, we pride ourselves on offering our customers world-class solutions to meet their challenging product identification needs. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of inkjet coders, automated labeling systems, thermal transfer inkjet coders, and laser coders, Diagraph engineers and builds products to help manufacturers get products identified with manufacturing codes – such as lot codes, date codes, batch codes, barcodes – and out the door quickly and efficiently.
If you are a results driven, innovative and customer oriented person, Diagraph is the company for you!
This role will be responsible for all aspects of field and inhouse service activities. The focus will be on overall improvement of Service Technician efficiency and effectiveness, ultimately resulting in optimized customer satisfaction. The Service Manager will be responsible for personnel assessment and development, establishment of field service KPIs, and reporting and analysis of performance metrics within the region. The Service Manager will work closely with the Service & Operations Manager/ Business Unit Manager to develop a strategic, team-based approach to drive customer retention, customer acquisition, and overall revenue growth. This position will report initially to the Service & Operations Manager.
The Service Manager must possess a clear understanding of our products and markets, along with a high level of technical aptitude. They will also need to exhibit the ability to drive performance and accountability, as well as set and manage clear expectations. The ability to compile and analyze data in development of individual and regional plans will be key to success in this role.
- Manage day to day field and inhouse service activities
- Develops the annual plant and services budget in conjunction with ITW Diagraph GmbH objectives and financial plan. Monitors budgets and initiates action to improve performance as required.
- Analyzes workforce requirements and drives the hiring, training and development strategies to continually improve our high-performance teams, individual team members
- Ongoing development of service personnel
- Direct Service Technician interaction; individual assessment; development of improvement plan, expectations, and measurements
- Optimize regional schedule and resource allocation
- Take a proactive support approach to root cause analysis of issues working with other departments to eliminate reoccurrence
- Support major account issues and key installation projects in the field, when local resource required escalated technical help
- Spearhead all regional customer escalations
- Assign necessary field resources
- Engage necessary internal resources
- Provide strategic direction to insure acceptable resolution
- Conduct ongoing 80/20 and Front to Back strategic customer analysis
- Drive accountability, measure, and provide quarterly metrics to management.
- Collaborate with Sales & Service Manager to develop a strategic regional approach for growth
- Produce and analyze service metrics/KPIs on a monthly and annual basis
- Response time, Top 20 customer retention, lead generation, preventative maintenance contracts, and revenue
- Manage all service technician’s interactions with Top20 accounts
- Support internal coordination between departments in resolving customer issues.
- Ability to write procedures for common repairs, troubling shooting alarms, problem solving common events and training. Produce videos and written manuals.
- Maintain actions plans for current and upcoming equipment installs, field refurbishments and field projects.
- Manage field technicians’ overtime and need for overtime.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
- Plan and organize production of special items
- Oversee and manage production processes of these special items
- Determine and implement quality control processes
- Any other duties as required by supervisor.
Education: Technical degree in Electrical, Industrial Manufacturing, or Engineering required. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years related field service experience required
- Minimum 5+ years managing a team of remote employees
- Excellent problem solving & customer service/selling/negotiation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills
- Must possess mechanical/technical aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to write procedures for common repairs, troubling shooting alarms, problem solving common events, and training. Produce videos and written manuals.
Working Conditions: Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Plant conditions (90% at the location Diagraph GmbH and 10% while traveling)
- Domestic travel (up to 10%)
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.