Senior New Product Development Engineer - $10,000 Sign On BonusApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10866R Date posted 02/23/2024 Address Illinois 47, Woodstock, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $12.6 billion in 2020.
ITW Medical is comprised of two highly-respected medical product brands - Coeur & Filtertek – supplying medical devices and components to global medical device brands. Filtertek manufactures molded filtration and flow control components. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable diagnostic imaging consumables.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus!!
Conveniently located 15 minutes North of Woodstock, IL off of IL-47 in Hebron, IL.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule (1-2 days remote per week)
This position will be part of the New Product Development group and will report directly to the New Product Development Manager. The primary responsibility will be to drive the customer-back innovation efforts in the Medical Division’s high-growth Business Segments. The Sr. NPD Engineer will be responsible for product design and development process from conceptualization stage to commercialization stage. The Sr. NPD Engineer will contribute to setting project team priorities and engage in product design activity aimed at meeting defined schedule, marketing and manufacturing requirements by applying engineering expertise, technical creativity, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
This is a highly strategic role within the ITW Medical business and provides a path for driving meaningful impact within the business, while accelerating career growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and support the development, modification, implementation and supporting of Infusion disposable components through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices. Lead others to solve technical problems using engineering tools, statistical techniques, and design of experiments (DOE). Interfaces with customers and suppliers on high-volume disposable medical component design and is constantly on the lookout for new, better ways to do things.
- Makes design changes to existing products, ensuring compatibility through appropriate testing. Provides engineering and technical support to production with respect to product specifications and requirements. Guides the successful completion of major programs or projects.
- Concept Design: Lead and support product development from concepts through various stages of prototyping to final design that meets product requirements by applying sound and good engineering principles.
- Design for manufacturability through close collaboration with Operations and Project Engineering Teams. Effectively perform design verification and transfer. Complete FMEA and Risk analysis as a part of the design control process
- Customer: Work directly with customer’s R&D teams to identify and solve problems through innovative problem solving and product design to create sustainable differentiation by ensuring value is delivered to customer and patient
- Communicate design requirements to other team members and evaluate designs to ensure project trajectory is consistent with product specifications.
- Ability to translate customer needs and pain points into a value proposition that can be supported with a strong business case.
- Teamwork: Provides technical leadership for product development teams and utilizes project management skills to define and manage resources and execute to achieve required outcomes and can delegate, inspire and communicate effectively.
- Apply ITW Toolbox and 80-20 to effectively drive results in a fast-paced, collaborative, low-ego work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Plastics, Biomedical) required
- A minimum of 7-9 years related work experience required.
- Previous experience with product design in Plastic Injection molding in a high-volume manufacturing environment is a must.
- Injection mold tooling design experience preferred.
- Fluency in 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Working understanding of part design layout and GD&T
- Understanding of DFMEA & PFMEA methodology and approach
- Understanding of advanced analysis tools and methods to solve complex technical problems (e.g., Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Finite Element Analysis)
- Mold-flow analysis experience is a plus.
- Ability to independently test, analyze and solve technical problems.
- Experience with medical device manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Effective oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Self-directed with creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to train, lead and coach others from technical expertise.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.