Senior Internal AuditorApply Job ID REF9572T Date posted 02/24/2023 Address 2 Victoria Street, Windsor, England Job Type Full-time
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 45,000 people with operations in 52 countries with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
The Senior Internal Auditor performs professional internal auditing work including financial, operational and compliance audit projects, as well as providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff. The individual performs under supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
The Enterprise Audit Services (EAS) team consists of 40 audit professionals based in the USA, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Brazil who complete audits in teams of 3-6 people each month.
The UK team consists of 11 audit staff and maintains close links with the other three regional offices.
The EAS department focuses on developing “Great ITW Leaders” and supporting ITW’s Enterprise Initiatives. The EAS department’s culture committee engages employees on activities and world events related to: Safety, Community, Diversity & Inclusion, Environment, Recognition, and Mindfulness & Wellness.
Things to get excited about:
- Domestic and International travel, including the ability for leisure travel between audit weeks
- Generous benefits package including Company Pension scheme, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, annual holiday of 26 days
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Flexibility regarding work-from-home options
- Dress for your day at the UK office
- Performs initial risk assessment in the planning phase of the audit, based on the understanding of the financials and overall business risks to determine the audit approach
- Completes audit procedures, including analyzing results, identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting business unit processes and procedures
- Reviews and evaluates the internal control environment and develops specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, and prepares working papers
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Communicates or assists in effectively communicating the results of the audit and consulting projects via presentations and written reports
- Informs audit lead of progress and/or difficulties encountered during the audit.
- Mentors and reviews work of less experienced team members
- Exhibits professional behavior in business setting and performs related work as assigned
- Maintains relationship with mentor
- Travels domestically and internationally up to 50% (subject to safe travel conditions given the current pandemic)
- UK Passport, Pre-settled or Settled status, or right to live and work in the UK only (1).
- Degree and an accounting qualification or qualified (ACA or equivalent)
- Three plus years of full-time experience in auditing, preferably within the manufacturing industry
- A second language is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices
- Ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls
- Ability to demonstrate good time management skills by managing multiple responsibilities at once and effectively achieving deadlines
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, presentations, summaries and analyses
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and external contacts and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Readiness to accept additional responsibilities, as well as willingness to try new ideas and methodologies
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically without restrictions
(1 ) ITW Audit Department is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
ITW Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.