Service Technician PT InternApply Job ID REF4283J Date posted 11/17/2021 Address 2725 Old Wrightsboro Road, Wilmington, NC Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Hobart Service offers both single and multi-semester co-ops/internships. This position may lead to the Hobart Service Technician career path of servicing commercial food equipment. This position will culminate with the individual working with a mentor and learning the skills needed to analyze, diagnose, repair, or install commercial food equipment.
This position will assist with duties such as, preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations, and modifications under appropriate supervision. The individual may be required to maintain service-related documents, as well as being responsible for Company resources which include, tools, test instruments, laptop, cell phone, and other service-related parts.
This position will receive work direction from senior technicians, Service Advisors, or higher-level management. If your goals and values are aligned with Hobart Service, we want you to join our team!
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Specific coursework related to servicing equipment
Term: Must be registered for the upcoming term in a technical certificate of credit
Degree or Certification:: Diploma or degree program of study within a Technical Trades related field. These programs could include: Electrical Trades, HVAC with or without Refrigeration, Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance, Electromechanical Maintenance, Automotive Technologies, Automotive Maintenance, and related courses
Hours worked: Must be able to work at least part-time for a minimum of 20 hours per week for the extent of the internship
License: Required to have a Valid Driver’s License prior to becoming a regular full-time or part-time employee
Location: Must be able to work at assigned branch location
- Assists in installations, preventative maintenance, and repairs of commercial food equipment
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Understanding of financial responsibilities for Service Technicians
- Achieves monthly service-related objectives and training as assigned by Management
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- No experience required
- Basic mechanical skills
- Basic knowledge of hand/power tools
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Customer service skills
- Sales background
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Lifting 75 lbs. with or without assistance
- Climbing up to 10 ft with ladder
- Occasional roof access may be necessary
- Extensive walking 3-5 miles / day
- Extensive driving 5-6 hours/day
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment
- Operating machinery and/or power tools
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.