Field Service EngineerApply Job ID REF5884X Date posted 03/25/2022 Address Tinley Park Drive, Tinley Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
We have an opportunity to work from home in the Tinley Park, IL area for a highly motivated person whose work will reflect Instron’s commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Travel daily to customer sites to perform a variety of services including calibration, preventative maintenance, repair, and installation, on a wide range of Instron’s products.
- Submit daily/weekly field reports, documenting all activity at the customer site as well as weekly/monthly expense reports.
- Ensure safe job practices are followed.
- You will have regional responsibility for servicing customers in the Westchester, IL area.
- Up to 40% overnight travel required and some occasional travel to other locations in the US may be required.
- 2- or 4-year technical degree from an accredited university and knowledge of electro–mechanical systems. Equivalent military/trade school training may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret basic technical information involving mechanics and electronics is needed and familiarity with PC’s including operating systems and Windows applications.
- This role requires a high level of autonomy, as well as superior organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Prior field service experience strongly preferred.
- Experience performing preventative or corrective maintenance on servo hydraulic systems preferred
- Experience with materials testing preferred, but not required
- Experience delivering hands on and classroom training on topics technical in nature preferred
- Automation systems experience is a plus
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. We offer:
- Competitive hourly pay - annualized compensation will be in the $60,000 - $80,000 range depending on experience and skill set. Overtime and additional incentive pay opportunities available.
- Company vehicle, paid training, cell phone, laptop, tablet, and tools.
- Medical (multiple options), vision and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance and both short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings with a company match
- 100% Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave and adoption assistance
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.