Quality TechnicianApply Job ID REF2971H Date posted 07/06/2021 Address W6331 Bee Road, Watertown, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Industrial serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal fasteners totaling approximately $60M in revenues. Units include: Watertown, WI; Iron Ridge, WI; Milwaukee, WI; and Broadview, IL.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry-leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof Industrial enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in WI & IL.
- Exchanging product, process and bench marking information with sister units.
- Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Maintain gage calibration system. Assist in root cause analysis and corrective action for non-conformances, assist in Continual Improvement projects, maintain Document Control, and Quality/Technical support as needed.
- Maintain Gage Calibration System
- Ensure all gages are available & calibrated
- Perform Gage Analysis
- Determine gaging needs based on existing and future product.
- Minor on-site gage maintenance
i. Moderate mechanical ability required.
- Order new gages
- Maintain inventory of gages
- Non Conformances/ Corrective Actions
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis, and effective Corrective Actions for Internal and External Non-Conformances.
- Verify effectiveness of Corrective / Preventive Actions
- Ensure timely closure of Corrective Actions.
- Track costs associated with non-conformances
- Goal: Reduce Quality issues and improve timely closure.
- Perform product inspection
- Ensure product meets blueprint
- Using any applicable gages
- Distribute and review Layered Process Audits
- Train employees on proper gage usage
- Maintain Quality Documentation (ISO Documentation, Control Plans, Work Instructions, Records, etc.)
- Compile and maintain metrics based on quality and production.
- Monitor Vendor Non-Conformances
- Ensure timely and effective Corrective Actions where appropriate
- Maintain open relationship with outside vendors and suppliers to ensure product quality.
- Provide Quality and Technical support to Sales and others as appropriate
- Perform product testing using lab equipment
- Update product routing while working with production control to ensure dispositions are completed within a timely manner.
- Sorting and Sort/Sample Verification
- Housekeeping Quality Office: Clean and Organized at all times
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Moderately clean manufacturing environment. Work includes both Office and Plant Floor.
Required Skill, Education and Experience
- Effective problem solving, prioritizing skills required.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to use and care for precision measuring instruments (i.e. micrometers, calipers, digital indicators, comparators, ring gages, and attribute gages).
- Ability to read blue prints/part drawings.
- Knowledge of basic algebra, geometry, decimals, fractions and Metric / English conversions.
· ASQ Certified Quality Technician (preferred)
· Familiarity with AIAG Core Tools (preferred)
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods (preferred)
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.