Production Supervisor - Smith |MillerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9926F Date posted 04/01/2023 Address 2601 Lockheed Avenue, Watertown, SD Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Miller® is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Are you passionate about making a positive impact? As a Production Supervisor, you will play a crucial part in driving manufacturing and facility improvements across our division. Your contributions will directly influence our safety initiatives, enhance manufacturing processes, and foster a culture of continuous improvement. Join us and become a valued member of our inclusive and dynamic work environment!
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for interviews, employee onboarding, training, performance reviews, merit discussions and development of the team.
- Act as a coach/trainer for critical manufacturing/assembly processes, sharing your expertise and empowering the operations team
- Utilize your expertise to develop new facility resources, plans, and documentation, contributing to a well-prepared and organized work environment.
- Inspire and coach teams on continuous improvement practices, nurturing a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- Advocate for the procurement of capital equipment, justifying investments that drive efficiency and enhance processes.
- Lead the implementation of new processes and changes to existing assembly practices, ensuring a smooth and successful transition.
- Embrace flexibility and enthusiastically take on any other duties assigned by management, knowing that your contributions are vital to our success.
- Manage external contractors and internal maintenance support resources when needed, forging strong partnerships to ensure seamless operations.
- Collaborate closely with manufacturing teams, management, and safety committee, working hand in hand to support safety-related initiatives effectively.
- Embrace the opportunity to understand, maintain, and continuously improve manufacturing/assembly processes, ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery.
- Assume responsibility for achieving assembly specifications, meeting facility requirements, and aligning with our evolving business needs.
- Co-own the development, implementation, and sustainment of cultivating a workplace that is organized, efficient, and conducive to success.
- Champion compliance with government regulations, demonstrating our commitment to operating ethically and responsibly.
- Collaborate with the operations team to develop production capacity and contingency plans, strengthening our division's resilience.
- Support and maintain formal manufacturing assembly documentation, ensuring accurate records and streamlined processes.
- Unleash your creativity to design and develop various assembly aids, fixtures, and tooling, enhancing our manufacturing capabilities.
- Stay at the forefront of technological advancements, actively researching and implementing improvements to our existing systems.
- Build employee relationships through daily, open, and direct communication while encouraging creativity and innovation.
- BS degree in Business Administration, or related field
- 2 years minimum of professional work experience
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team setting
- Ability to communicate effectively to a cross functional team
- Proven project management and facility layout skills
- Strong leadership, organizational, and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lead effectively in a team based organization
- Paid Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.