Documentation Technician - Miller|SmithApply Job ID REF7428P Date posted 08/04/2022 Address 2601 Lockheed Avenue, Watertown, SD Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
MillerⓇ is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer, the Documentation Technicianwill be responsible to work with Engineering to accurately create and maintain documentation for the Watertown, SD Welding Accessories and Cutting Division facility (Miller | Smith products).
· Duties include but are not limited to modification and creation of drawings, models, engineering spec sheets, schematics, test procedures, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), parts entries, deviations and Bills of Material (BOM).
· Be the documentation liaison between the Engineering, Materials, Marketing, Service, and accounting departments as well as internal and external suppliers.
· Collaborate with the Tech Pub department, Engineering, Service, and Marketing teams to create and revise Owner’s Manuals, Technical Manuals, and Field Instructions.
· Understands implications and strategy to fit, form and function for ECOs.
· Participate in Documentation Technician meetings to stay informed of and implement changes to documentation standards.
· Support equipment calibration activities and maintain calibration database.
· Must possess or be actively pursuing an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical Technology, or related field.
· Must have a good understanding of how Miller | Smith products are manufactured to be able to structure BOMS properly.
· Must have the ability to dynamically balance between multiple tasks.
· Must be very computer proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and possess experience with 2D and 3D modeling.
- Great communication and prioritization skills, be a self-starter, work very efficiently with minimum supervision, and perform well in a team-oriented environment.
- Organized, very detail oriented, and willing to seek out information to ensure full and accurate documentation.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.