Cold Header Operator - 2nd shift (M-Th)Apply Job ID REF1118L Date posted 04/05/2021 Address W6331 Bee Road, Watertown, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof Industrial serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal fasteners totaling approximately $60M in revenues. Units include: Watertown, WI; Iron Ridge, WI; Milwaukee, WI; and Broadview, IL.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry-leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof Industrial enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in WI & IL.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units.
- Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Cold Heading Operator reports to the Production Supervisor and is responsible for set up and operation of the cold header machines and auxiliary equipment to produce high quality fasteners while meeting on-time delivery, productivity, safety, quality, and housekeeping metrics.
- Set up cold header machines and auxiliary equipment (including wire drawers, wire welders, and grinders) per drawings and specifications.
- Operate cold header machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance on cold header machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform quality checks and document (where applicable), using simple gages, precision measuring devices and visual inspection.
- Perform safety checks to ensure safety devices are on and in working order (guarding and all safety equipment). Use proper Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Manually handle parts from work-in-process containers to shipping containers. Move containers as required using pallet jacks and/or fork trucks.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records (route sheets and count sheets).
- Clean equipment and keep work area neat and orderly.
- Participate as a Trainer when necessary.
- Work in any other area of the plant by the request of your supervisor and/or plant manager.
- All other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor/Plant Manager.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic reading/writing skills and math including fractions and decimals, required.
- High school diploma, preferred not required.
- Must know the basics of computer software programs operation and Microsoft Office, preferred.
- Must have a general knowledge of tools and machinery, required.
- Mechanical ability, required.
- Ability to lift/pull up to fifty (50) pounds, required.
- Must have a general knowledge of the use of measuring devices, blueprints, and drawings, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience of set up and operate cold heading screws, preferred but not required.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas
- Working conditions of a shop environment including regular exposure to noise and oils and vary temperatures.
- Ability to handle moderate to high physical activity
- Travel not required
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Promotional opportunity to Cold Heading Operator Lead with experience
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.