Molding OperatorApply Job ID REF1926B Date posted 03/11/2021 Address 209 Creekside Drive, Washington, NC Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical provides preventative maintenance, service support and parts for power injectors used in the medical imaging market.
This position is responsible for the quality and production of the molding machines. This position reports directly to the Shift Team Lead.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
· Operate industrial molding machines after completing part training with a designated trainer.
- Perform any secondary operations on parts.
- Flaming, etc.
- Operate secondary equipment and other tools
- Utility Knife
- Air Clippers, etc.
- Pull every two hour samples for inspection.
- Enter scrap data into Mattec.
- Ensure products meet the component specification.
- Perform quality checks on parts being produced.
- Keep the screen green.
- Contact supervisor and technician if parts or machine is out of specification.
- Complete all production related paperwork neat and accurately.
- Production sheet
- Every two hour sample record sheet
- End of shift reports
- Pack product in the correct containers.
Make boxes if required.
- Place appropriate labels on packaging.
- Maintain a clean work area throughout the shift.
Prior to leaving at the end of the shift ensure work station is neat and orderly.
- Excellent attendance.
- Be on time everyday; arrive at your work station 5 minutes prior to the start of the shift.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- No call outs, late arrivals, etc.
- Returning from all breaks and lunches on time.
- Attend all scheduled training.
- Attend all scheduled shift meetings.
- Perform all activities in a safe manner.
- Responsible along with team for keeping the molding room neat and orderly.
- High School Diploma or GED
· This position requires the ability read, comprehend, and follow the Operating Instructions and Manufacturing Specifications for the work being performed by the operator in molding.
· This position requires basic math skills. Operator must be able to count parts accurately and perform simple arithmetic functions with assistance from a calculator.
Other Skills and Abilities
· This position requires corrected eyesight of 20/20 for the visual quality inspections that are performed on parts.
· Basic Computer Skills-Keyboarding
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crawl; and talk or hear.
· The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.