Maintenance Technician IIApply Job ID REF2051G Date posted 03/24/2021 Address 209 Creekside Drive, Washington, NC Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1 billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three highly-respected medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise Biomedical – supplying medical devices, components and service to global medical device brands. Filtertek manufactures molded filtration and flow control components. Precise provides technical service, maintenance & training for contrast media injectors. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable diagnostic imaging consumables.
This position has the primary responsibility for breakdown maintenance for all production areas. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Diagnose problems and replace or repair parts as needed to keep plant equipment operating at maximize equipment uptime.
- Perform preventative maintenance of plant equipment and document as required.
- Perform tooling and equipment changeovers as required
- Improve the operational efficiency of plant equipment by proactively addressing potential issues before they create scrap or downtime.
- Reduce costs by streamlining processes and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Actively participate in ITW Toolbox projects and initiatives.
- Embrace and support a Safety-first culture in words and actions.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health regulations, along with other federal, state, and local regulations regarding environmental, industrial, and electrical mandates.
General Responsibilities/ Support
- Excellent attendance.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- No call outs, late arrivals, etc.
- Returning from all breaks and lunches on time.
- Attend all scheduled training.
- Attend all scheduled shift meetings.
- Perform all activities in a safe manner.
- Responsible molding room, auxiliary equipment, and tool storage areas neat and orderly.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as the supervisor requests
- Supports facility’s communication system
· up to a 2-year technical, or related degree or 3 years related experience
· This position requires the ability read, comprehend, and follow the Operating Instructions and Manufacturing Specifications for the work being performed by in molding.
· Ability to read and understand machine set up and operation sheets.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
Other Skills and Abilities
· Basic understanding of the following principles for machine troubleshooting using schematics and operating manuals. Willing to mature that understanding with assistance and self-study.
· This position requires corrected eyesight of 20/20 for the visual quality inspections that are performed on parts.
· Accurate completion of all required documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position requires some physical movement around the machine areas. This position requires an operator to stand for 90% of their work shift with two scheduled breaks and a 20 minute lunch.
· Some lifting of boxes or totes may be required intermittently.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crawl; and talk or hear.
· The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.