Maintenance ManagerApply Job ID REF1809M Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 209 Creekside Drive, Washington, NC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.5 billion in 2014.
ITW Medical is comprised of two strong medical product brands, Coeur and Filtertek, situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading/monitoring a robust maintenance program through focused efforts to establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and driving maintenance excellence. This position will be based in Washington, NC. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
· Manage daily activities of Maintenance Team; set goals, monitor progress, offer coaching & training, support development, and evaluate performance
· Manage operating budget for the Maintenance Department, including labor, contractors, machine parts, maintenance supplies, building supplies, energy consumption, and inspection and licensing fees
· Prepare and manage annual CAPX budgets
· Develop both long-term and short-term capital plans and ensure that all projects are planned properly and the results achievable. Monitor projects to make sure deadlines are achieved, and that funds are properly utilized
· Ensure adequate parts and supplies are maintained, establish thorough supply procurement and inventory control system, and safeguard materials.
· Ensure all maintenance processes are completely documented, and implement any changes to these processes
· Ensure that safety and security measures are in place for the facility
· Ensure all regulatory requirements pertaining to waste disposal, emissions, facility permits, and codes are met and file with the appropriate Federal, State, and Local Government agencies.
· Ensure continuous production of all departments; schedule repairs, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment
· Support operations to maximize production scheduling and avoid unexpected costs from failure and production downtime by developing and maintaining the preventative maintenance program for machinery and buildings
- Minimum 7-10 years relative experience in maintenance management in a manufacturing environment, 3+ years of previous leadership experience required.
- Technical knowledge including electrical, mechanical, industrial maintenance, automation, HVAC & Hydraulics
- Working knowledge of PLC
- Experience in an injection molding operation a PLUS
- Experience with packaging equipment a PLUS
- Excellent computer competencies including spreadsheet skills
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Managing work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Leadership: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiating action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
- Planning and Organizing: establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color vision, Distance vision, Depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.