HR ManagerApply Job ID REF4999I Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 209 Creekside Drive, Washington, NC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
- Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical provides preventative maintenance, service support and parts for power injectors used in the medical imaging market.
As a partner to the local management teams, the HRM will drive HR strategy and processes that align with business plans and strategic objectives. Broadly, the HR Manager would be responsible for a wide range of functions including: HR Strategy, Organization Design & Effectiveness, Employee Safety, Talent Management/Employee Development, Cultural Development, and Employee Engagement. The position will be based in Washington, NC and will support that location, along with our Parma, OH service business, and report to the Division HR Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as trusted advisor and provides technical expertise and analytical support in identified areas of the Human Resources function.
- Partners with local management and functional leaders on organizational change efforts in support of division’s annual objectives, assisting with communication strategies and organizational design efforts.
- Designs and delivers innovative technology-based recruitment strategies leading to improved metrics.
- Leads organizational change management, and cultural initiatives ensuring effective processes and communication.
- Helps design, delivers and implement training programs on various human resource topics; develops local leadership capabilities.
- Acts as employee engagement champion – coordinates the delivery of engagement survey, works with leadership to analyze results, and advises on action plans. Facilitates awareness of engagement and cultural opportunities within the business.
- Supports leadership by assessing and developing internal talent through effective IDP plans.
- Supports the ITW performance management cycle, advising and coaching in areas of goal setting, mid-year feedback activities, annual performance review and the compensation planning process.
- Works with functional leaders to manage talent acquisition activities: Supports talent upgrade efforts as necessary and advises on market compensation requirements. Coordinates projects which includes automation in recruitment process.
- Facilitates talent review activities within assigned client group. Helps administer 9-box assessments with local and functional leaders.
- Supports employee relations matters including ethic investigations, policy interpretations, and policy interpretation.
- Provides coaching to local leadership team based on business needs, and applicable HR practices.
- Supports Division Safety Leader, supports safety initiatives, and drives zero accident safety culture.
- Active role in development of Affirmative Action Plan within the division. Ensures compliance with required legal postings on bulletin boards.
- Manages HR projects which drives Simplication by applying toolbox applications.
- Manages compensation planning for production and technical roles using wage surveys. Applies ITW job banding system to ensure consistency of job grading.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar field of study
- Minimum of 3-5 years in HR Leadership role, preferably experienced in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in recruitment, engagement, and change management initiatives.
- Strong business partnership capabilities: Ability to learn and adapt to our changing business, help assess talent, and become familiar with our industry and its implications for our division.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; demonstrates good listening skills; able to communicate status on process with colleagues, keep team members informed, and responds clearly to employee inquiries. Demonstrates a positive friendly attitude in working with all levels within the organization.
- Strong process-oriented mindset which focuses on efficiencies and simplication.
- Independent and organized work style: effectively manages and prioritizes workload, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to make independent decisions and regularly suggest ways to improve services and processes.
- Strong technical skills/aptitude: Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word and Excel). Experience with HRIS systems (Workday).
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Ability to travel to multi-state locations.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.