Finance InternApply Job ID REF8794B Date posted 12/02/2022 Address 209 Creekside Drive, Washington, NC Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1 billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of two strong medical product brands, Coeur and Filtertek, situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures.
The Finance Intern is responsible for assisting with the accurate reporting of company financials and identifying insights on business performance. Additional internal project work will be done to help drive simplification efforts across the business. This position will be based in Washington, NC and will report to the Finance Manager. This position is a paid internship for the summer of 2023.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Roll forward analysis of balance sheet accounts
- Monthly financial statement review and analysis
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
- Assist with data review and correction of customer/vendor attributes
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Managing work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Analytical skills: Sorting and analyzing data sets to identify data trends or clusters and extract meaningful assessments in support of established goals and strategies.
- Work standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiating action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
- Planning and Organizing: establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color vision, Distance vision, Depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.