Automation Machine OperatorApply Job ID REF2019K Date posted 03/19/2021 Address 209 Creekside Drive, Washington, NC Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1 billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three highly-respected medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise Biomedical – supplying medical devices, components and service to global medical device brands. Filtertek manufactures molded filtration and flow control components. Precise provides technical service, maintenance & training for contrast media injectors. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable diagnostic imaging consumables.
This position is responsible for the quality and production of the automation machines. This position reports directly to the Shift Team Lead.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
· Operate medical assembly automation machine
· Assist employees in changing over from one lot to the next lot
· Ensure daily production goals are reached and scrap is kept at a minimum
· Troubleshoot equipment issues that create downtime or poor quality
· Perform regular preventative maintenance on the equipment
· High School Diploma or GED, Technology based Associates Degree in preferred.
· Three years experience operating and maintaining automation equipment.
· Experience with vision inspection equipment preferred.
· Experience with 6-axis robots preferred.
· Experience with pneumatic systems preferred.
· This position requires the ability read, comprehend, and follow the Operating Instructions, Manufacturing Specifications, and Technical Documents.
· Basic math skills required to accurately count and record part production. Calculators may be used.
· This position requires eyesight (corrected or uncorrected) capable of performing visual quality inspections on parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position requires some physical movement around the machine areas. This position requires an operator to stand for 90% of their work shift with two scheduled breaks and a 20 minute lunch.
· Some lifting of boxes or totes may be required intermittently.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crawl; and talk or hear.
· The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.