Maintenance TechnicianApply Job ID REF5548M Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 4647 Hugh Howell Road, Tucker, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the site’s business goals and objectives.
This position will be a shared resource between multiple departments.
The incumbent will be based at our Tucker, Georgia location and report to the Production and Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure that manual and automatic equipment and structures are working correctly and safely to sustain uninterrupted production.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on equipment, including preventive maintenance tasks.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment as needed.
- Design modifications to equipment if necessary.
- Order parts as needed. Follow expense reporting procedures.
- Maintain clean, safe, and orderly work area, including machine shop.
- Perform maintenance on the facility as needed.
- Able to obtain and maintain mobile equipment driving certification.
- Assist with requirements to maintain facility security.
- Perform inspections of facility and equipment as needed or required.
- Create and / or maintain a preventive maintenance plan.
- Work with outside contractors as needed.
- Train and educate personnel to perform light maintenance of equipment.
- Assist with the installation of equipment as needed.
- Communicate daily and throughout the day with all impacted parties regarding the work status being performed.
- Assist other Maintenance Technicians as needed.
- Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced education and/or certifications preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of solid mechanical working experience of manual and automatic equipment for manufacturing woven and non-woven products, batching equipment, conveyor systems, filling machines, and packaging machines.
- Able to operate and have experience working with essential machine shop tools and equipment, including but not limited to welders, lathes, saws, drill presses, and milling machines.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Working experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and logic systems is essential.
- Experience with maintenance of HVAC, ventilation systems, and boiler rooms is a plus.
- Able to diagnose and correct equipment issues either individually or collaborate with other technicians or service professionals.
- Strong mathematical aptitude to perform the duties of the job.
- Possess good manual dexterity and visual acuity to perform the role's duties.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Availability to be on-call for after-hour emergencies if necessary.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or mechanical and electrical experience, manager skills, engineering experience or back ground.
- H.V.A.C., plumbing, pipe fitting, pneumatics, blue prints for mechanical and electrical, welding, forklift operation, equipment rigging, carpentry, equipment layout and design, troubleshooting skills, computer skills, and purchasing skills.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.