Inventory Control SpecialistApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10176Z Date posted 04/27/2023 Address 4647 Hugh Howell Road, Tucker, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Inventory Control Specialist maintains organizational communication channels regarding inventory issues and works closely with production management, warehouse management, and Customer Service Representatives to manage and maintain lead times. This position will be integral in preparing and processing physical inventory and routine cycle counts.
- Assist in conducting physical inventories and monthly cycle counts
- Routinely inspect the inventory for damage or shrinkage and report results to management
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and for inventory adjustments
- Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems
- Establish safety stock levels to buffer against supply/demand variation
- Identify, track, and propose solutions to root cause countermeasures of inventory errors, adjustments, and/or cycle count variances
- Trains other shipping and receiving departmental employees on cycle counting and inventory control processes.
- Accurately receive inventory in our system and distribute it throughout the shop and storeroom.
- Coordinate cycle count operations and physical inventory activities
- Communicate with operations on any inventory and/or packaging shortages as well as work to resolve issues
- Assist with other supply chain analysis, initiatives, and projects as needed
- Perform inventory analysis weekly for slow-moving inventory, obsolete material, inventory imbalances, inventory cost reduction opportunities, and drive for resolutions
- Act as backup for shipping, receiving, and/or any other team members when necessary
- Operate material handling equipment with appropriate training, including the potential use of forklifts or other equipment.
- Follow all Company safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
- Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Ability to perform inventory control and inventory audits
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous material handling equipment experience preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in inventory, distribution and operational procedures
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.). Proficient with current technology. Advanced skills in Excel and Word.
- Experience with use of ERP systems (NAV a plus)
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.