Distribution and Logistics ManagerApply Job ID REF1746B Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 4647 Hugh Howell Road, Tucker, GA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Distribution and Logistics Manager is responsible for providing leadership to all personnel in the Shipping and Receiving department. This role will direct, mentor, train, evaluate, and manage warehouse staff. The Distribution and Logistics Manager will collaborate with management team to develop and implement short and long-term strategies and help build and promote a strong teamwork environment in all areas. This role will support the preparation and deliver annual performance reviews for all Shipping and Receiving employees. This position is located in Tucker, Georgia.
• Responsible for starting the shift to coordinate all call-ins, people assignment changes, and to distribute work orders and pick tickets.
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipment.
• Ensures proper orientation and training for hourly employees, observe employee activities and provide feedback and positive reinforcement on work methods, work quality, productivity, and attitude.
• Appropriately handle employee questions, concerns, and follow-up on issues with the intent to maintain a positive work environment.
• Oversee preparations, including scheduling of international shipments to achieve On Time shipping performance.
• Complete necessary documentation requested for tracking attendance, productivity, behavior, and safety incidents.
• Lead continuous improvement activities to improve processes and drive accountability.
• Implement and drive lean methods to eliminate waste and improve value stream of processes.
• Monitors inventory to ensure appropriate levels. Requisitions new materials as appropriate.
• Perform cycle counts as necessary to ensure inventory accuracy.
• Ensure forklift operators are efficient, effective, and properly trained and follow all applicable environmental, health, safety, quality, and work rules and regulations.
• Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained. “Tour Ready” condition
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining good communication and working relations with company personnel and management.
• Arrange daily/weekly meetings with staff as appropriate to review overall team/individual performance.
• Ensure production deadlines are met and minimum stock levels, as outlined by management, are maintained.
• Responsible for ensuring inspections are accurately and effectively conducted.
• Develops, recommends, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the company’s quality and safe-ty policies and requirements.
• Embrace, enforce and educate employees the importance of maintaining a safe and clean work environment by
adhering to company policies and procedures.
• Supports the Operations Manager in creating an 80/20 culture throughout the facility and in developing manufacturing standards, processes, and KPI’s. Using Lean Manufacturing and 5S practices.
• Identifies, manages, and develops talent to maximize individual and team effectiveness. Fosters a culture of
engagement and accountability.
• Coaches through feedback, develop personnel to ensure appropriate back up/successors in all key positions. Coach and groom direct reports for excellence while documenting their progress and cross-training to provide adequate coverage in key areas. Performance management.
• Establishes or adjusts work plan to meet customer demand.
• Develops, supports and monitors activities that foster teamwork within the group.
• Foster, communicate, and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat
everyone with respect, take shared risk.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field with 5+ years Distribution/Shipping and Receiving experience or equivalent combined experience.
• Experience in a shipping management role in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in scheduling and managing international shipments.
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP); SAP, JDE, AS400, Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus.
• Must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software, inventory software and order processing systems.
• Experience in Lean and/or continuous improvement environments utilizing tools such as Kaizen, Kanban, visual workplace, 5S, etc.
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
• Knowledge of or certified in the use of Regulatory compliance for DOT, IATA, and IMDG shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
• Experience with Logistic Supply Chain. LTL/Truckload and International Tariffs, Schedule B tariff codes, and ECO terms.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.