Training InstructorApply Job ID REF4843H Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 125 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
This Position is located In Troy, OH.
This position is responsible for training North America and international technicians on Hobart or related product line(s). Conducts technical and related training programs in person both or virtually and off-site as needed to teach, mentor/coach students attending courses using Service Training equipment/facilities. Assists in the creation of training programs, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, and designs laboratory exercises. Interact with other service field and technical colleagues, and other internal departments. Up to 20% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within assigned areas of responsibility, conduct and develop training programs in maintenance, service, troubleshooting, and operating procedures as designed for Hobart Service personnel, self-servicers and customers, evaluate performance of training participants, and provide appropriate feedback and recommendations to local management for follow-up to enhance service effectiveness and skills development.
- Performs course duties as required to train Hobart, independent servicers and customer personnel according to assigned curriculums. Including, classroom lecture, group discussions/role plays, testing and evaluation, interactive/distance training, etc. Provides class leadership to guide students to successful learning experiences.
- Performs Lab/Practicum duties as required to train students according to assigned curriculums and Hobart practices/procedures. Includes Performance/Demonstration of hands-on tasks, lab monitoring, testing and evaluation, etc. Promotes safety and safe work practices.
- Evaluates students enrolled in classes with the Service Training department. Evaluation devices include written tests, lab practical exercises, one on one encounters, and discussions of course materials. Utilize instructional design principles or models (e.g. ADDIE, ISD, etc.) to effectively develop/enhance courses for new and existing training content. Effectively utilize the processes for designing and developing learning solutions, including use of eLearning content development programs to manage design and development of projects/workflows.
- Interact with Service Field management and technicians / Independent Servicers, and other internal departments as needed to ensure all training requirements are met. Build experience in assessing training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives
- Maintains product and technology knowledge needed to reflect current Hobart and industry standards. Review and provide technical assistance in the development of technical service publications.
- Provide technical training for students at Hobart training center or field locations. Training may be in-person or virtual as required. Travel to domestic or international sites as needed.
- Build equipment simulators for use in training for product function. Assist in installation and servicing of equipment in Hobart locations as required.
- Perform other duties within Service Training or as a member of internal terms as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Accredited High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 3 years Servicing food equipment or related products
- Technical training for Commercial Food Equipment or related products
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
- Ability to use essential technology and software for instructional and communication purposes.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; public speaking is a key skill.
- Associates Degree in electronics / Mechanical training or related fields.
- Formal training or education in project management
- Instructional design and delivery
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaking
- Multimedia production and other technology-based training
- Formal training or education in project management
- Lifting 50-75 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Climbing up to 12 ft. with ladder.
- Extensive walking 3-5 miles / day.
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing/pulling.
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions.
- Travel up to 20% including international
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.