Technical Support ManagerApply Job ID REF8734W Date posted 11/29/2022 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 125 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group, including Hobart Service, is one of seven ITW decentralized business segments, is seeking a Manager of Technical and Product Support located at our headquarters in Troy, Ohio.
We are seeking a highly motivated leader capable of managing 12+ technical local and remote team members in an engineering environment. The chosen candidate will lead and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to include, but not limited to, quality issue resolution, reactive troubleshooting, development of proactive solutions, and service readiness. The chosen candidate will have the ability to lead and positively influence serviceability and technology change during new product development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate in the development of new and existing product improvements; and maintain cross functional involvement during early stages of the engineering development process to ensure serviceability and service readiness prior to production start.
- Motivating the team to achieve departmental and organizational goals, metrics & KPI’s.
- Manages and delivers the highest quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.\ to resolve service and equipment performance problems.
- Conduct research, collect, and analyze data to prepare reports and deliver presentations.
- Hires, develops, and retains a diverse pipeline of great leadership talent.
- Creates and effectively communicates a compelling vision for the team and aligns his/her team and senior management behind it.
- Takes ownership: Drives positive change and challenges the status quo. Addresses issues with courage.
- Responsible for processing and evaluating product specific warranty claims.
- All other duties as assigned by your Manager.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the ITW’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching for performance, and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to assist in the management of departmental projects and/or initiatives.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of an Bachelor’s degree or 5 + years equitable work experience in a relatable field
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Managerial role with 6+ direct reports
- Experience in creating and building processes with tools to maximize departmental efficiencies.
- Minimum of 5+ years in Technical or engineering related field
- Experience with ITW FEG business and products
- Understanding and experience with ITW Tool box (USa, 80/20, PLS, MRD and In-Lining)
Job —Specific Knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products to include Dynamics 365, Outlook, Word, Power Pivot, MSQuery, strong Excel experience to include pivoting and charting, and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge in mechanical, electronics, combustion systems, and data analytics.
- Working knowledge of M2M, IoT, and remote diagnostics.
- Performs with high level of initiative exhibiting persistence and willingness to stimulate innovative ideas within the organization.
- Takes calculated risks, makes strategic, results-oriented decisions, and accepts responsibility for the results (positive or negative).
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to see underlying concepts and patterns in complex situations to develop solutions that effectively address underlying problems/root causes.
- Optimum accuracy, efficiency, and productivity in technical and product support functions.
- Working with leadership develop and implement Standard Operating Policy and Procedures.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks, and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established period.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies – seek, share & implement best practices
- Adept in technology
- Strategic Planning
- Performance management skills
- Skill in problem-solving, and change management
- Ability to work with safety awareness
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.