Technical Quotations SpecialistApply Job ID REF2719R Date posted 06/07/2021 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
At ITW Food Equipment Group, people and food are our passion. We believe great food brings people together, and the relationships we share feed our inspiration to be the best we can be for one another.
Our family of premium brands has been dedicated for more than a century to supporting those who are not only passionate about creating great food, but are inspired by the people they serve and come to know on a daily basis.
Likewise, it is our mission to provide food equipment that foodservice and food retail professionals can trust to work hard and deliver quality, consistent results day in and day out, empowering them to focus on what they love most—creating great food for great people.
ITW Food Equipment Group, an Illinois Tool Works Fortune 200 business which is a recognized leader among commercial food equipment worldwide is seeking a Technical Sales Specialist to join their Customer Care Specialty Technical Team in Troy, Ohio.
This position reports to the Manager, Customer Care for Quotations/Technical Support and will have responsibility for generation of quotations for the ITWFEG brand portfolio by utilizing project specifications, drawings, and kitchen layouts. The candidate must be a highly organized individual capable of multitasking in a fast paced customer service environment and must be a self-starter who has the ability to manage an assigned territory by providing accurate quotations and reliable technical information to the Food Service Dealers, Consultants, End Users and Independent Rep Groups in the area. They should be able to develop relationships of mutual respect within the assigned customer base who will view this person as a valuable resource and first point of contact for product information.
The candidate will be preparing quotations for major projects and/or highly technical or non-standard equipment and should possess the technical knowledge and skills necessary to resolve wide and varied situations covering all aspects of the business, and be able to implement recommendations and decisions regarding these matters. They will have regular contact with a variety of people often at senior levels in the Food Service industry where improper handling could have an adverse effect on operating results.
- Prepare timely, accurate quotations for Food Service Dealers, Territory Sales Managers, Retail and National Account Managers, Independent Rep Groups, and Product Line personnel using the AutoQuotes computerized quotation system.
- This individual will act as an intermediary between Food Service Dealers, Territory Sales Managers, Independent Rep Groups, Consultants, and the Customer Care Team in resolving project document discrepancies to enable generation of accurate quotations and resolution of pricing.
- Must possess a working knowledge of all Hobart/Traulsen/Baxter/Vulcan/Somat current and discontinued product lines, accessories, parts, and their relationship to specific devices and systems in order to accurately converse on required technical and professional levels with internal and external customers.
- Will maintain a detailed list of approved, non-published special engineered features and options for the Hobart/Traulsen/Baxter/Vulcan/Somat products to include pricing and descriptions to be used in generating quotations and to assist Customer Care in reconciling pricing on orders.
- Must interface with various plants and engineering to resolve design issues and problems to assist in order clarification and be able to detail any field requests for new options or products being submitted for feasibility and pricing.
- Possess or develop a working knowledge sufficient to research competitor’s equipment and accurately and effectively generate quotations for alternates. Must work with Product Line Managers to provide reference material to enable consistent selection of alternates by all ITWFEG personnel who generate quotations.
- Should become proficient in the use of the ITW Toolbox by participating in webinars and training sessions to enhance the skills required to assess processes and recommend improvements to current procedures. Must be willing to participate on cross functional teams and actively participate by employing knowledge gained from the study of the ITW Toolbox.
- Must attend and actively participate in Food Service Industry Trade Shows, company sponsored professional sales and product training sessions to develop professional sales techniques and expand product knowledge on existing and new products. Participate in formal training (Advanced Product Training, Dealer School & Consultant Services School) of external and internal personnel on specification review and quotation generation
- Must develop a working knowledge of the CRM Project Management System to be able to populate the database which is used by Sales, Product Lines and Consultant Services and become proficient in the use of the SharePoint document management system.
- Associate degree in Business Administration/Marketing or related fields or equivalent experience
- Customer Service Team Lead experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales or technical support and Customer Service
- Technical ability in reading and interpreting project documentation which includes kitchen layout drawings, specifications and equipment schedules
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and Dynamics CRM
- Effective oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent Teamwork, Time Management, Organizational, Follow Up, and Planning Skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Ability to function in a team environment and utilization of cross-training
- BS or BA in Business or Marketing
- Food Service industry knowledge
- Management experience working with performance objectives and goals
- Familiarity with AutoQuotes
- SharePoint Document Management skills
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Safety-conscious work environment
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.