Technical Product Specialist SteamApply Job ID REF8121K Date posted 09/30/2022 Address 750 Lincoln Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
For more than 150 years, Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment. Our equipment is found in busy kitchens nationwide; target segments include large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation.
Vulcan is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
The Technical Product Specialist provides detailed technical support and product knowledge to marketing/salespeople, field service technicians, and end users from an engineering perspective.
Job Duties :
- Provide extended equipment technical support to relevant servicers
- Understands/defines customer needs or problems
- Understanding of customer retention concepts
- Recognizes quality assurance issues from the fieldSupports development of solutions that address customer needs
- Works closely with Parts and Service organizations
- Helps with guiding and managing service training
- Helps update product literature and documentation including manuals
- Works independently with little supervision while managing difficult and high-pressure customer situations
- Goes to customer sites from time to time alone or with salespeople and/or engineers
- Helps engineering with testing and new product development in the lab
- Must demonstrate professionalism in interactions with customers and field technicians
- Must have a desire to learn a diverse set of products and continually improve product knowledge
- Ability to effectively resolve customer issues and defuse conflict
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and computer competency
- Experience with electrical and mechanical assemblies
- Read/interpret electrical schematics
- Familiarity with test equipment
- Good organizational/record-keeping skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel, including international (passport required)
- Must be able to work from office or remote
- Bachelor's degree preferred and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- CRM experience
- HVAC/refrigeration experience
- Commercial kitchen equipment experience
- ITW experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
- R&D Laboratory, Manufacturing, and Office Environment
- Local travel up to 10%
- Hands on testing and/or troubleshooting
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.