Sourcing ManagerApply Job ID REF3276V Date posted 08/09/2021 Address 401 West Market Street, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group is one of seven ITW decentralized business segments. This position is in the Hobart Warewash Division at its Troy, Ohio facility, located 20 minutes north of the Dayton metropolitan area.
The Warewash Business Division produces Hobart brand commercial dishwashers that are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, cruise ships, schools, universities and retail establishments. We are the industry leader and are seeking to expand our growth in existing served markets as well as new markets.
Sourcing Manager – Troy, OH
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company with seven decentralized business segments, which includes Food Equipment. The Warewash Business Division, one of the businesses within the Food Equipment Group, is seeking a Sourcing Manager for its Troy, OH facility, located 20 minutes north of the Dayton metropolitan area.
The Warewash Business Division produces Hobart, Stero, and Somat brand commercial dishwashers and waste equipment for use in hotels, casinos, restaurants, health care, cruise ships, schools and universities and retail.
The Warewash Division is expanding its presence in existing served markets as well as new markets which requires a Sourcing Manager that focus on New Product Development Projects along with day-to-day support of existing product lines. The successful candidate will lead, negotiate, and coordinate activities to source domestic and global vendors and suppliers as well as identify initiatives that leverage purchasing scale, new technologies, technical competencies to enhance profitability and global competitiveness.
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager for Warewash Division, North America, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting sourcing requirements for new product development, from RFQ to SOP at plant facilities as well as support for successful product launches.
What you will do:
- Supplier selection and qualification to assure suppliers are meeting strategic, quality, supply continuity, technology, and commercial requirements
- Lead purchasing and supplier contract negotiations
- Design and implement methods for assessing contractual performance of major suppliers
- Work closely with the Troy, Ohio Technical Center engineering team, the Global Engineering team, and cross-functional teams to drive sourcing projects
- Establish domestic and global key supplier relationships
- Support “Material Management Best Practices” at plant facilities to improve the materials flow from purchasing to shipping of finished goods
- Lead sourcing engineer support members and a team of buyers and materials specialists at various plant locations
What we are looking for:
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills
- Solid knowledge of sourcing practices and project management,
- Relationship-building skills
- Results oriented
- Skilled at effective supply chain tools, techniques, and processes
Education and experience:
- BS Degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- 7-10 years of sourcing experience
- MS Office application proficiency
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Project Management capabilities, especially managing complex projects and budgets
- Understanding the ITW toolbox and an understanding of contract law and MRP, preferred
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.