Software DeveloperApply Job ID REF6159U Date posted 04/18/2022 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
At ITW Food Equipment Group, people and food are our passion. We believe great food brings people together, and the relationships we share feed our inspiration to be the best we can be for one another.
Our family of premium brands has been dedicated for more than a century to supporting those who are not only passionate about creating great food, but are inspired by the people they serve and come to know on a daily basis.
Likewise, it is our mission to provide food equipment that foodservice and food retail professionals can trust to work hard and deliver quality, consistent results day in and day out, empowering them to focus on what they love most—creating great food for great people.
ITW Food Equipment Group, an Illinois Tool Works Fortune 200 business, is a recognized leader among commercial food equipment worldwide. We are looking for an Application Developer to join our team in Troy, Ohio. This position is not remote and does not provide a relocation. We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate person who wants to expand their technical knowledge and responsibilities by joining a small team of developers. We’re looking for someone with .NET development experience and other languages who wants to work directly with clients. The position will also work with and provide guidance to other development staff, system and database administrators to ensure enterprise applications meet the needs of the business.
- Work with a team to perform business process analysis to determine business needs
- Utilize standardized and proprietary process improvement methodologies to understand the current system or new requirements, simplify processes and identify and document functions needed for a new system
- Design, develop, and implement custom designed software to address a unique business process
- Work with a team to identify, evaluate, select, implement, and maintain packaged software to address business needs
- Provide end user training and support
- When appropriate, work as a team leader, providing support and guidance for team members
- BA, BS Degree in Computer Science with appropriate technical experience
- Must have 3+ years overall development experience with ability to work with a team
- Expert web and client-server application development techniques and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL and T-SQL
- Proficient with Microsoft .Net development techniques and methodologies
- Expert problem-solving skills, critical thinking and dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of business processes with ability to work with business users
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Experience with source control and application lifecycle methodologies, specifically Team Foundation Server and DevOps
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies
- Experience with enterprise-class systems and applications
- Experience with ERP business applications is nice to have
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or CRM is nice to have
- Microsoft MCSA and/or MCSD certifications is nice to have
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Safety-conscious work environment
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.