Project ManagerApply Job ID REF3552X Date posted 09/11/2021 Address 401 West Market Street, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group is one of seven ITW decentralized business segments. This position is in the Hobart Warewash Division at its Troy, Ohio facility, located 20 minutes north of the Dayton metropolitan area.
The Warewash Business Division produces Hobart brand commercial dishwashers that are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, cruise ships, schools, universities and retail establishments. We are the industry leader and are seeking to expand our growth in existing served markets as well as new markets.
As the Warewash Division expands its presence in new and existing served markets, there are a variety of projects required to support the division’s growth, organizational structure and business strategy alignment. We are in search of a Project Manager who will take on the management of key projects with the responsibility to deliver all projects on time, within budget and scope. The successful candidate will lead a team when required to develop a detailed project plan, determine the resources required to complete the project, manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs, utilizing appropriate procedures. Additionally, the Project Manager will track progress, measure project performance, and will report and escalate to management as required. Critical to this role is the establishment of relationships with stakeholders and creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will:
- Lead and positively influence others to achieve project results
- Lead projects that have P&L impact
- Monitor project performance and results and will initiate actions to correct deviations to schedules, excessive costs, or scope
- Work with cross-functional individuals and teams (engineering, marketing, administration and operations)
- Establish schedules, resource requirements, budget, and measurements to fulfil project requirements
- Travel approximately 20%
We are seeking results-oriented candidates. The preferred minimum qualifications are:
- BS in Engineering or Business
- 5+ years of successful project leadership experience
- Proven record of designing and implementing successful projects meeting cost, quality and schedule
- Ability to assess situations to determine urgency, risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and that support project assignments
- Solid technical background with the understanding and/or hands-on experience in manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written, verbal and documentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and other project management software
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP), a plus
- Knowledge of ITW Toolbox principles, a plus
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.