Product ManagerApply Job ID REF3654T Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 1000 Kirts Boulevard, Troy, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture. Our strategy is to leverage the full potential of the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns. ITW is committed to operational excellence and innovation that helps our customers create the products and services that make our lives better.
The Product Manager is a key position within the Seats, Safety & Motion division of ITW that supports our new product development driven profitable growth strategy. This position will drive product development activities and decisions to deliver differentiated new products to our customers. The Product Manager leverages a first-hand understanding of market & technology insights, customer needs & the related value propositions, expertise in the relevant product line, and leadership instincts to support the development and launch of new products.
The primary responsibilities of the Product Manager include working closely with Sales, Engineering and Innovation teams throughout the early stages of the customer back innovation process to clearly understand pain points, and advocate for product features that ensure a strong value proposition. The Product Manager will also hold a key role in the later stages of the process to lead the product launch communications and training with internal teams and our customers. The Product Manager also works with the Innovation Team to continuously improve, refine and document the tools and processes used in the process, and will play an important role in teaching and demonstrating these practices with sales and engineering team, providing regular communication, support and training.
- Manage one or more specific product line
- Identify and understand market trends, technology changes, and what customers value
- Identify new product development targets to create and maintain a high value position in the market.
- Perform market research, competitive analysis and business data reporting (market share, unit volumes, bookings and margin) to understand business trends and make informed decisions for current and future product direction.
- Establish product requirements that ensure delivery of a strong and clear customer value proposition for each product in a segment.
- Work alongside a high-performance product development team though all customer back innovation phases to ensure new products have strong competitive differentiation, while also meeting time to market expectations.
- Motivate and provide technical support and training to the Sales & Engineering team to assist them in effectively launching new, and competitively positioning existing products in the product line..
- Work with Sales Managers to set value pricing expectations.
- Manage the product life cycle and assist with the communication and expectation setting with customers.
- Leverage ITW Toolbox skills – Segmentation, 80/20, USa and PLS – in all aspects of product management and decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Minimum 5+ years of product management experience.
- Requires strong cross-functional leadership skills (sales, engineering, operations, etc) and project management expertise.
- Must have a strong understanding and appreciation for product design and manufacturing.
- Must have a passion for product ownership and business development.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. An advanced technical or business-related degree (MBA) is desirable.
- Requires strong relationship building capabilities, and ability to see and think about issues through customer’s point of view.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of thriving in a team environment.
- Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and natural leadership capabilities.
- Automotive industry experience is a plus.
- Daily interactions with dynamic, enthusiastic, diverse and highly-motivated Sales & Engineering and Innovation teams.
- Traditional office environment with little or no exposure to adverse conditions and the benefit of highly flexible work-arrangement options.
- Must have a desire to travel as required. Travel amounts will vary depending on where the product is in the life cycle, but could involve anything from day trips to week long international travel. Expect on the order of 25% travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.