JOEM Account Manager (Plastic Fasteners)Apply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF11995O Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 100 Kirts Boulevard, Troy, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company built around a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2022, the company achieved revenues of $15.9 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is a large division within the Automotive Segment and serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners. Locations include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhances our customers’ advantage
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Deltar Account Manager for will be accountable for providing sales and account management for the JOEMs (Toyota, Nissan, Honda) and related tiers. They will report to the Sales Manager with additional support and guidance from Global counterparts in Japan. The Account Manager will be accountable to grow existing accounts, develop new accounts and establish strong contacts with customers. They will initiate and follow up on new product development opportunities and growth opportunities to support the division.
- Along with the Sales Manager, establishes the strategies and goals for customer penetration to ensure growth with core type products on selected Focused Platform launches.
- Leverage local & global market knowledge to focus on growing products and introduce new ones applying an “outside – in” ITW discipline.
- Fosters customer relationships that provide insight and a landscape where ITW has an advantage through our “cradle to grave” relationships.
- Ownership of comprehensive market research aligned with the strategic growth priorities, to understand the market niche and growth opportunities within the ITW products.
- Maintains a continuing assessment of product reports for each of the products that the Product Manager will own.
- Develop a funnel of new business opportunities and to manage the list of top opportunities to enable annual sold order requirements, collaborating with ITW global team members.
- Drive Customer Engagements though value add interactions: such as Lunch & Learns, A2Mac1/Vehicle Teardown Events, Line-Walks, Tech Shows, and Wellness Visits.
- Increase customer intimacy at both Tier and OEM though routine engagements.
- Foster relationships at various levels within our customer base (Early/Adv. Engineering, Purchasing, Management, Plant persons, …).
- Works with Sales Manager and global counterparts to develop local growth opportunities by leveraging Global portfolio to proliferate opportunities that may be new to our region but still fit within our product portfolio and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops and maintains benchmarking tools for vehicle areas and associated products.
To perform this job successfully, a candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree - B.A. /B.S. from four-year College; Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience in the automotive industry
- Sales experience with Japanese OEMs (ie: Toyota, Nissan, Honda), proven track record of product knowledge including plastic fasteners a plus.
- Requires overall knowledge of all areas of the vehicle – interior/exterior, body/chassis, doors, fluid and electrical routing. Technical understanding and experience with plastic fasteners (and/or plastic injection molding) is a plus.
- Ability to develop project budgets where cost, value and profit are fully understood. Supports Sales Manager and team with product forecasts such as Monthly /Quarterly reporting as well as in times of Capacity management, Long Range Plan and Annual Plan.
- Excellent social, communication, program management and presentation skills with ability and willingness to communicate, and work with other regions and locations.
- Proven ability to deal with changes in the business or its environment.
- An inner drive to understand, communicate and exceed established agreed upon goals.
- Proven ability to generate respect and confidence from staff and external customers/contacts, including the ability to work with colleagues and staff to create a results and team- oriented environment.
- Excellent personal computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.