IT Project ManagerApply Job ID REF3478A Date posted 08/30/2021 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
The Hobart Service Division is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager based at our Troy, OH facility. This critical role will be responsible for the project planning and management of upgrades of our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and related support software components, as well as critical IT projects in Infrastructure and Reporting. This role will work closely with department Managers to determine technology needs, design solutions, and integrate technologies with existing systems. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Senior IT Project manager will be responsible for delivering numerous successful IT/Business projects (delivered on time, meeting functional requirements, within budget, and with high team satisfaction), while working in coordination with all areas of the business.
- Facilitate the definition of project goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
- Develop a project plan, assign tasks / activities to project team members, and monitor project progress and overall health.
- Hands on work such as project documentation development (scope, schedule, budget, risk)
- Facilitating of process discovery sessions, root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Establish technology needs via business process analysis and consultation with key stakeholders in the business based on specific business process requirements.
- Provide project management mentorship throughout the organization
- Guide and enhance the organization’s project management processes
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts and master service agreements
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer sciences or business administration. MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing organizational and business process change
- 5+ years’ experience working with ERP system installations and or integrations with strong functional knowledge (areas of financials, order management, supply chain, manufacturing preferable). Cloud ERP experience preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in of project management including complex, enterprise-wide projects
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is preferred, but other ERP experience such as SAP or Oracle is acceptable
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal, collaboration and communication abilities.
- Effective ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Experience with stakeholder management, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of software development and test methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency with Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Teams
- Experience in the Field Service industry preferred
- Adaptable/flexible – able to thrive in an environment that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented and bigger picture perspective
- Strong work ethic supporting projects over several months
- Autonomous/Independent – able to work with minimal oversight
- Strong leadership skills in a position without direct authority
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
Certificates and Licenses
Preferred, but not required:
- PMP or other business process certifications a plus
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.