IT AnalystApply Job ID REF3377I Date posted 08/20/2021 Address 1111 East 5th Street, Dayton, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
At ITW Food Equipment Group, people and food are our passion. We believe great food brings people together, and the relationships we share feed our inspiration to be the best we can be for one another.
Our family of premium brands has been dedicated for more than a century to supporting those who are not only passionate about creating great food, but are inspired by the people they serve and come to know on a daily basis.
Likewise, it is our mission to provide food equipment that foodservice and food retail professionals can trust to work hard and deliver quality, consistent results day in and day out, empowering them to focus on what they love most—creating great food for great people.
Do your Information Technology interests run deeper than that of an application developer, or software maintenance coder? Do you like to know how and why things work “behind the scenes”? Are you interested in working with Local and Wide Area Networking, Windows Servers and Virtualization, Cybersecurity, Remote Access / Remote Control solutions, managing end-user authentication and security, VOIP telephony, and Mobile Device Management?
Do you have the confidence and patience to calmly assist and guide end-users through technical challenges? Can you author technical documentation/instructions to aid others Are you a self-motivated team player, with integrity and a strong work ethic?
If so, then you might be a good fit for the missing piece of our experienced IT Infrastructure Team.
The IT Analyst reports to the Manager, Information Technology, as part of the IT Infrastructure Team. This individual will be a first point of contact for all Information Technology related questions, concerns, and issues. The incumbent will interact with all levels of management and other ITW-FEG personnel. The individual must have patience, excellent interpersonal skills, strong ethics, and present a positive professional attitude.
- Serve as a first point of contact for all Information Technology related questions, concerns, and issues. Work to independently troubleshoot and resolve those issues.
- Resolve complex technical challenges by interviewing the end-user, inspecting/analyzing the situation firsthand or via remote, reviewing facts and discoveries, researching and troubleshooting the issue, and then implementing enhancements to the client support process.
- Communicate/broadcast directly to the business to provide notifications and instructions with respect to new system features, training opportunities, system(s) status, etc.
- Develop, maintain, and implement IT operational policies, guidelines, standards, and work instructions.
End User Device Management
- Develop the implementation plan for the new Corporate IT Asset Management/Patch Management solution, including standard laptop images and update plan.
- Leverage Help Desk activities to provide input into enhancements to the laptop image and update process.
- Evaluate current install base to determine standard laptop and mobile device deployment for the business, and manage the complete life cycle of devices from procurement to retirement.
- Regularly analyze and modify Cell Phone plans to provide optimal data capacity at the lowest cost
- Champion Cybersecurity Awareness and Endpoint Protection, and guide end-users in same, to meet ITW’s cybersecurity requirements.
- Define and implement roll-out strategies for Corporate security initiatives like Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Develop and maintain an orientation program for new/existing employees for using security credentials to protect company hardware and software assets, including intellectual property and data-sensitive resources.
- Conduct annual audit of ERP end-user access, providing reports to managers for their review and approval. For International users, conduct a semiannual audit.
- Analyze and define end-user security roles. Administer user-rights/roles and secure access across a variety of platforms using multiple tools, utilities, and interfaces.
- Coordinate with IT staff from other FEG business units to provide appropriate access to hosted Sales and Marketing resources.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years working with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suite software, including installation and setup.
- 3+ years working with mobile devices, including iOS and Android.
- Experience performing computer hardware upgrades including RAM and DISK.
- Experience installing/upgrading the OS of a PC/Notebook, including fresh installs to new disks.
- Experience working with backup software and performing recoveries/restorations as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory User and Computer management and maintenance.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills for determining the nature of end-user needs and issues while providing the best path to a solution.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with managing end-user access rights including creation of user accounts and assigning proper security access for Office 365, Dynamics CRM, ERP, Active Directory, SharePoint, and hosted websites.
- Experience with maintaining data and SQL Server jobs using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience with all versions of Windows software, including Windows Server and Virtualization.
- Experience with IP network infrastructures, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of anti-virus/anti-malware software.
- Experience with Wi-Fi and Cellular Networking.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Safety-conscious work environment
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.