Inside Sales RepresentativeApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF11699T Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 125 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,800 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
This position is responsible for driving profitable volume growth within an assigned sales territory by executing on segmentation-based opportunities. With the help of the inside sales manager, develop and implement territory sales plans, objectives, execution, and adherence to pricing models, while resolving customer issues as they arise.
Making outbound sales calls to existing and potential customers that drive sales growth of existing and new service products. Encompasses both the Food Retail and Foodservice market segments. Functions in conjunction with the field service selling organization in achieving service product revenue and profit targets. Focused on increasing sales of new and existing service products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically listed below may also be assigned.
- Proactively engage customers to increase sales, which include making outbound calls to existing and potential customers.
- Work with field counterparts, Branch Managers and Service Account Representatives, to develop relationships with existing customers.
- Contribute to achieving national sales quota by effectively implementing marketing strategies and sales plans in assigned territory.
- Work closely with customers to assess needs and determine appropriate product offering.
- Increase sales by means of cross-selling, up-selling, offering add-on items and maintaining awareness/offering of new service products.
- Meet all quarterly sales objectives within designated territory.
- Maintain up-to-date records through Customer relationship management solution for all customer interactions including phone conversations, emails, quotes, updated contact information, etc.
- Effectively manage sales pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success.
- Fill out all paperwork and complete all sales order processes required to administer service products in a timely manner.
- Develop excellent working knowledge and ability to clearly discuss Hobart product lines and service products.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Accredited high school diploma or GED required.
- One plus years of telemarketing or inside/outside sales experience
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Teamwork, Time Management, Organizational, Follow Up, and Planning skills.
- BS or BA in Business or Marketing
- Food Service and Food Retail industry knowledge
- One plus years of service sales experience
- Experience with Customer relationship management systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to handle and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly working on computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hours of Work
- Normal business hours with occasional overtime (non-exempt roles) as needed.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet critical deadlines.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.