Innovation Product ManagerApply Job ID REF6889D Date posted 06/14/2022 Address 100 Kirts Boulevard, Troy, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.5 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 8 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 49,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 16,000 active patents.
The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture. Our strategy is to leverage the full potential of the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns. ITW is committed to operational excellence and innovation that helps our customers create the products and services that make our lives better.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES: may include some of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage one or more specific product line.
- Identify and understand market trends, technology changes, and what customers value
- Identify new product development targets to create and maintain a high value position in the market.
- Perform market research, competitive analysis and business data reporting (market share, unit volumes, bookings and margin) to understand business trends and make informed decisions for current and future product direction.
- Establish product requirements that ensure delivery of a strong and clear customer value proposition for each product in a segment.
- Work alongside a high-performance product development team though all customer back innovation phases to ensure new products have strong competitive differentiation, while also meeting time to market expectations.
- Motivate and provide technical support and training to the Sales & Engineering team to assist them in effectively launching new, and competitively positioning existing products in the product line.
- Work with Sales Managers to set value pricing expectations.
- Drive decisions and accountability using business case criteria and balanced risk analysis.
- Create and present formal presentations to all levels of the customer and ITW.
- Acts as the internal and external trusted advisor to address customer product/application needs.
- Manage the product life cycle and assist with communication and expectation setting with customers.
- Leverage ITW Toolbox skills – Segmentation, 80/20, USa and PLS – in all aspects of product management and decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- Minimum 5+ years of product management experience.
- Automotive experience required, ADAS experience preferred
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to garner stated and unstated needs
- Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and leadership capabilities
- Must have a strong understanding and appreciation for product design and manufacturing.
- Must have a passion for product ownership and business development.
- Requires strong relationship building capabilities, and ability to see and think about issues through customer’s point of view.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of thriving in a team environment.
- Must have a desire to travel as required. Travel amounts will vary depending on where the product is in the life cycle but could involve anything from day trips to weeklong international travel. Expect on the order of 25%-50% travel.
- Project Management
- Technical Acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Creative Thinking/Innovation
- Reduces Complexity
- Deep knowledge of the automotive industry
- Some understanding of automation and assembly process
- Leadership skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.