Import/Export CoordinatorApply Job ID REF3606R Date posted 09/10/2021 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
At ITW Food Equipment Group, people and food are our passion. We believe great food brings people together, and the relationships we share feed our inspiration to be the best we can be for one another.
Our family of premium brands has been dedicated for more than a century to supporting those who are not only passionate about creating great food, but are inspired by the people they serve and come to know on a daily basis.
Likewise, it is our mission to provide food equipment that foodservice and food retail professionals can trust to work hard and deliver quality, consistent results day in and day out, empowering them to focus on what they love most—creating great food for great people.
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager. The selected candidate will support the Transportation Department in facilitating and ensuring transportation-related functions are completed, audited, and recorded accurately. This position also supports the role responsible for Import/Freight payments. Will require frequent contact with both internal and external personnel along with customer contact that will require professionalism, courtesy, and tact. The position requires a highly organized individual capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment and a sense of urgency to meet deadlines. They will be a self-starter capable of independent work and possess attention to detail, focusing on accuracy.
- Receive and interpret freight quote requests from both internal and external customers. Process and communicate quote request responses to the requesting parties.
- Receive and handle information requests from our US Import Customs Brokers related to import shipments.
- Auditing of completed import shipment documentation for US Customs compliance and accuracy, and communicating and logging issues/results. Following up with corrective actions needed and logging further actions.
- Filing and recordkeeping related to both domestic and import shipments.
- Interact with third-party logistics providers via phone, websites and email, and follow up on shipments.
- Track/trace and report on inbound materials flow.
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders.
- Data entry - freight bills, Customs audit logs, etc.
- Other responsibilities as necessary in support of Transportation Dept. functions.
- Team oriented with the ability to effectively interact with co-workers, and customers
- High School Diploma with additional specialized courses or training a plus
- 2+ years in Transportation/Shipping related field
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving documentation and general transportation processes.
- Ability to plan and coordinate projects as an individual contributor or as a member of a cross-functional team
- General understanding of import documentation and regulations a plus.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Safety-conscious work environment
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.