Electrical EngineerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10255R Date posted 05/09/2023 Address 401 West Market Street, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 43,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
Hobart is seeking an Electrical Engineer to design control systems for the Food Machines Division in Troy, Ohio. Hobart is part of the ITW Food Equipment Group and is a recognized leader among commercial food equipment worldwide. The selected candidate will report to the Engineering Manager - Food Machines. This is a key leadership and growth position within the Food Machines engineering team and will work with major products across the business.
This position requires the development of electrical control systems for next generation food machines equipment such as mixers, and slicers. It includes specification, design, and integration of system components such as PCBA, motor control circuitry, touchscreens, displays, digital controls, safety interlocks, etc. It involves collaboration with engineers, suppliers, contractors, designers, and technicians for development and testing.
We are seeking a candidate who thrives on innovation and wants to champion new product development. The following qualifications and skills are required for this position:
- Develop control systems for Food Machines products utilizing PCBs, motor control methods such as PWM, digital controls, touch screens, displays, safety interlocks, etc.
- Work with contractors, engineers, and suppliers as required to deliver related project deliverables such as PCB, firmware, and software dev.
- Support proof of concepts and prototypes throughout the development process using rapid prototyping options such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, programmable relays, or PLC’s.
- Support new product test plans, interpret results, and troubleshoot as needed to ensure new product reliability.
- Support projects to meet design requirements and fulfill cost, schedule, quality, agency, regulatory, and manufacturing requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience developing reliable control systems.
- 5+ years of experience with microprocessors, PCBA design and electronic component selection.
- Ability to direct forward-thinking digital controls specifications and manage a firm in creating electronics including PCBA, firmware, and software design.
- Ability to create prototype control systems utilizing PLCs, relays, Arduino, Raspberry Pie or other means.
- Proven record of developing, implementing, and managing robust product designs.
- Preferred experience developing products involving some or all the following: motors, motor control circuits, VFDs, PCBs, digital controls, HMIs, safety interlocks, and system wiring.
- Preferred familiarity with electrical standards and conformance such as UL and NEC.
- Preferred electrical design tool experience such as Altium, SPICE, MATLAB or similar.
- Preferred experience with electrical testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, and data loggers.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and deliver results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, and knowledge sharing across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs (word, power point, excel, outlook)
- The ability to support diverse internal and external teams.
- You will work in a team-oriented office and R&D environment.
- Travel will be required (up to 5%)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
If you are an experienced Electrical Engineer who feels comfortable and confident with the skills mentioned above, please apply today!
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.