Director of Strategic ProjectsApply Job ID REF6173D Date posted 03/14/2023 Address 401 West Market Street, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals contribute to our global leadership in innovation, and we have a broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
Warewash Division Description:
The Warewash Division is seeking a Director of Strategic Projects (in office) at its Troy, Ohio facility, located 20 minutes north of the Dayton metropolitan area.
The Warewash Business Division produces Hobart, Stero and Somat branded commercial dishwashers, waste equipment and disposers used in hotels, retail, restaurants, cruise ships, schools, universities, and other environments. We are the industry leader and seeking to expand our growth in existing served markets as well as new markets.
If you're looking for a great work environment,team engagement and excellent benefits, consider applying for this position.
We are in search of a Director of Strategic Projects to lead and drive cross-functional programs and projects that will support division growth. The successful candidate will manage and coordinate new product development projects, partner with marketing and sales management teams to achieve desired business growth from the innovation technology pipeline; and will lead projects to drive business efficiencies.
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, the Director of Strategic Projects will be a key member on the division leadership team and will have a demonstrated track record of strategy development and execution as well as experience to lead multiple projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams. The successful individual should be an accomplished professional that has experience in sales, marketing, engineering and/or customer-facing roles.
Additionally, the successful candidate will establish appropriate relationships with key enterprise stakeholders and will participate and support the division Long-Range Plan and Annual Plan process by setting growth targets for product lines through work with sales teams, operations, engineering, sourcing, and marketing.
What you will do:
The major responsibilities of this role include:
- Support growth and strategy programs through project management of new technology (NT), product/process simplification projects, and product marketing projects
- Lead, coordinate and drive NT projects through cross-functional Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing and Service
- Lead Warewash projects that drive business efficiencies and growth through cross-functional teams
- Develop and support new technology initiatives for product marketing and sales development resulting from end-user research (Sales Development/Product Management)
- Cross-functional lead for product enhancement project that includes engineering and manufacturing alignment, service readiness and customer launch planning and execution (New product development focus)
- Review financial outlook process to improve outlooking accuracy related to strategic projects (Monthly financial outlooks)
What we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of business and business development
- Commercialization experience
- Project management expertise
- Relationship-building skills
- Execution and results driven
- Customer-facing experience
- Technical background/knowledge
Education and experience:
- BS Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Engineering
- 8+ years of business, engineering, or sales experience
- Strategy development
- Project management experience
- Customer focus
- Financial (P&L) acumen
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- MS Office application proficiency
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.