Corporate Regional Trainer - WeldingApply Job ID REF5576Y Date posted 08/15/2022 Address 101 Trade Square East, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard/Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality, and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
Responsible for conducting process and product training courses for our channel partners, sales team, educators, and end-user customers to improve their individual and organizational effectiveness to sell or utilize the ITW welding products. The individual will lead both individually and as part of a team to develop and update individual learning paths for channel partners and support updating and development of training collateral needed to achieve industry leading results from the training courses.
Regional Trainer must be located within daily driving distance of the Training Center in Troy, Ohio.
The Regional Trainer will manage and maintain training facilities in Troy (Hobart), Troy Michigan, New Jersey (close to Philadelphia), Ohio State University (partnership – rotating equipment), and may partner periodically with trainers throughout the United States.
The Welding Trainer for the region, understands the distributors and sales teams’ key business initiatives and goals. Establishes strategic training plans to address their needs, plans, confirms, creates, and executes learning opportunities to grow channel partners, end user customers, and sales teams.
- Conduct effective delivery of training course content through a combination of methods, including virtual, webinar, video, e-learning, classroom, and hands on facilitation to meet each course’s objective.
- Regional Trainers are subject matter experts in welding processes, and welding products that work with all ITW Welding divisions to deliver training to Distributors, Educators, and Industrial Customers. Key training attributes include, value proposition, markets served, key features that address customer needs, and product set-up and operation.
- Coordinate training sessions through regular communication with the sales team to understand training needs in the market and develop a schedule of courses that fit the needs of the market.
- Develop new courses on markets and core products. Collaborate with sales team and divisional personnel to assess formal and informal training needs, determine training objectives, course design, and ensure proper topics and collateral are used during training.
- Develop industry leading training materials in partnership with Product Managers and Marketing and Sales Team. Collateral may include multimedia resources and online tools, PowerPoints, pdfs, etc.
- Own the customer learning experience, train, inspire, and build brand advocacy.
- Manage the training facility to ensure it is equipped to support a safe and positive training experience for customers and visitors.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employee work practices.
- Partner with other functions to assess and identify training gaps (strengths and weaknesses) and develop a training plan to meet the needs of our business partners
- Partner with others to maintain current classroom materials and teaching aids to keep courses up to date with current processes and products.
- Strong communication skills applied when working cross-departmentally and with customers.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- Tactful in their approach, can be direct as well as diplomatic. Can handle conflict effectively with high personal confidence and ability to be assertive when necessary.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory, learning principles, traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques.
- Represent ITW by supporting core values: Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk, and Simplicity
- Competency in common computing technologies, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe PDF etc.
- Technical aptitude required, and welding experience preferred.
- Ability to be concise in delivering a presentation while meeting the learning objectives
- Proven ability to develop a plan to meet objectives.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, high motivation, and solid decision-making abilities.
- Travel to regional training facilities to deliver classroom training, 40-60% estimated travel.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.