Call Center RepresentativeApply Job ID REF816Z Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 701 South Ridge Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Contact with both internal and external customers where improper handling will have a marked effect on operating results. Ability to work with other Service Support Team Members.
Will provide 24 hour a day, 7 day a week support to field offices to include logging calls to Branches and paging on call technicians during non-business hours.
Shift Schedule: Schedules include a variety of day, evening and weekend hours.
Hours: Approx. 2pm-10pm
Willing to be flexible to provide necessary coverage for peak periods, vacations, holidays, etc.
- Answer calls from incoming customers and dispense call information to the appropriate Branch or Service Contractor
- Utilize current system to properly log and page service calls
- Distribute faxes and electronic calls as needed
- Follow current procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy across the department while continually looking at process improvements and simplifications
- Identify service offices and/or personnel where intervention may be needed to improve processes
- Understand 3rd Party Companies being utilized by our key accounts in order to oversee proper procedures are being followed regarding service calls
- Coordinate field notification, tracking and payment of SPIFF programs
- Track Office Information Screen/SMS Scheduler updates, print, and follow-up as necessary
- Train and assist in the development of new hires
- Handle other projects as required
- Accredited High School diploma or GED
- 2 years in customer support and service experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products to include Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, remain calm in stressful situations and adjust plans to meet changing needs
- Flexible scheduling, work any combination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts including weekend shifts and holidays
- Ability to see underlying concepts and patterns in complex situations in order to develop solutions that effectively address underlying problems/root causes
- Recognize changing customer needs and determine process/procedure updates and/or requirements
- Work with IT regarding customer needs when appropriate
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others at all levels and demonstrate respect to people at all levels
- Ability to handle internal and external customers politely and efficiently follows procedures to solve problems, understand company products and services, and maintain pleasant and professional image
- Associate’s degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products to include Access and Power Point
- Field experience a plus
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.