AssemblerApply Job ID REF1768K Date posted 02/24/2021 Address 750 Lincoln Avenue, Troy, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group is one of seven ITW decentralized business segments seeking Assemblers for their Warewash and Cooking Business Units located in Troy, Ohio.
The Warewash Business Unit produces Hobart brand energy efficient commercial dishwashers that are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, cruise ships, schools, universities and retail establishments. As the industry leader, Warewash is seeking to expand growth in existing served markets as well as new markets.
The Cooking Business Unit produces Vulcan brand energy efficient steam cooking equipment including steamers, braising pans and kettles found in large chain restaurants, emerging/regional chains, independent restaurants, K-12 schools, grocery and hotels/recreation. Vulcan has been recognized by chefs and operators throughout the world for its top-quality, energy efficient commercial cooking equipment.
The Assembler position is responsible for a range of assembly operations connected with sub-assembly, main and final assembly, packing, trouble shooting, repair and adjustment of stainless steel commercial models to meet exacting operating performance. Some assemblies are built by moving the unit through progressive work stations while other units are built complete at a single work station. These positions may require daily and/or weekend overtime to meet customer expectations. Utilizing hand tools, power tools, fixtures, hoists, and work instructions, the Assembler will also use their combined knowledge of both mechanical technology and electrical components to complete production tasks..
- Assembles and repairs equipment according to work instructions, blueprints, diagrams, and specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and precision instruments
- Read and understand wiring schematics to wire machine complete from point to point
- Usage of basic hand and power tools
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, schematics, and work instructions to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations
- Performs visual inspections of equipment parts for defects related to the fit, form, or function
- Works within a team environment to execute weekly production schedules that are measured for productivity
- Demonstrates a high level of competency on assembling of machines
- Assemble, pack and/or crate finished products and parts in a variety of crates or boxes
- Provides instruction/training for others on assembly products and processes
- Perform responsibilities and tasks following quality and safety practices and procedures
- Accepts responsibility for all housekeeping protocols and reporting any inventory concerns to supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
- Previous assembly experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- May be required to lift up to 35 pounds
- Prolonged periods standing/sitting and performing repetitive tasks
- Periods of working in hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates basic proficiency in reading and understanding blueprints and instructions to perform assembly in proper order and sequence
- Attendance is an essential function and working overtime as scheduled to meet customer expectations
Starting pay $15.75 per hour, with increase to $17.72 after 90 days. May require weekly/weekend overtime.
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
ITW Food Equipment Group is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, ITW/FEG is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short term disability benefit, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
ITW Food Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.