Application Market ManagerApply Job ID REF6940Q Date posted 06/17/2022 Address 100 Kirts Boulevard, Troy, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.1 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 45,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 16,000 active patents.
The Application Market Manager is a key position within ITW that supports our profitable growth strategy via new product development. The Application Market Manager leverages a first-hand understanding of market & technology insights, customer needs alongside related value propositions, expertise in the application areas and relevant product lines, and leadership instincts to drive the development and launch of new products.
The Application Market Manager works closely with sales, engineering and innovation teams throughout the early stages of the customer back innovation (CBI) process to clearly understand pain points and advocate strong value propositions for resulting product solutions. The Application Market Manager will also hold a key role in the development of initial go-to-market strategy for new products. The Application Market Manager works with the Innovation Team to continuously improve, refine and document the tools and processes used in the CBI process, and will play an important role in teaching and demonstrating these practices to the sales and engineering team by providing regular communication, support and training.
This role will report to the Product Marketing & Innovation Director and will be based out of the Troy, MI office.
- Manage our product portfolio within one specific application area such as Fluid Routing, Propulsion-EV, Interior/Exterior Trim, or Electrical Routing, where our fastening technology is used.
- Identify and understand relevant market trends, critical technology and engineering challenges, and value-based new product development targets toward a high value position in the market.
- Investigate prioritized customers (incl strategy, technology preferences & alternatives, disruptive trends, incumbents).
- Identify/architect key requirements and pain points for new solutions and communicate to engineering/innovation teams.
- Determine application requirements to ensure delivery of a strong and clear customer value proposition for each new opportunity in an application area.
- Understand current solutions & pain points – rank and prioritize for differentiation
- Outline solution options with product strategy or roadmap to test initial value proposition with new or existing products and against competitive offerings
- Develop value pricing expectations and business cases as warranted.
- Work collaboratively across divisions and with platform market & innovation teams on application specific opportunities in 2-4 year time horizon.
- Provide technical support and training to the Sales & Engineering team to assist them in competitively positioning existing products and effectively launching new products through the development of material for value sheets, website content and product catalogs.
- Provide application product training to division Sales & Engineering team.
- Leverage ITW Toolbox skills – Segmentation, 80/20, USa and PLS – in all aspects of product management and decision making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering, Marketing, or Business, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years engineering, sales, marketing, project, or product management experience.
- Preferred: automotive industry experience, especially in Electric Vehicle propulsion, automotive heating/cooling routing, wiring harness routing, or interior/exterior applications.
- Preferred: experience in market/competitive research, data analytics & visualization.
- Preferred: knowledge/experience with injection-molded plastics, metal stampings and/or cold-headed products.
- Ability to deliver results through strong cross-functional (sales, engineering, operations, etc) leadership and team-building skills and project management expertise.
- Requires strong relationship building capabilities and ability to see and think about issues through customer’s point of view to garner stated and unstated needs and simplify complex concepts.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record of thriving in a team environment.
- Strong analytic skills toward sales and market analysis with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and make well thought out decisions.
ITW Culture & Leadership Expectations:
- Exemplify and embody the ITW Leadership expectations
- Able to thrive and collaborate in a decentralized and entrepreneurial culture
- Able to take a high level of accountability and ownership for personal and company performance
- Able to communicate both verbal and written with clarity and simplicity
- Exemplifies a strategic-thinking approach and process to product management
- Able to make decisions and use critical thinking and analytical approaches when weighing options
- Nurturing an environment consistent with the ITW values and culture
- Is outcome driven and applies the 80/20 principles to prioritize work demands
- Pro-actively participating in ITW’s ‘toolbox’ initiatives (i.e., USa, 80/20 Philosophy, PLS, MRD, and In-Lining)
- Demonstrations a high level of leadership experience and emotional intelligence
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.