Account Manager - Electric Vehicles (EV) CustomersApply Job ID REF5938M Date posted 04/05/2022 Address 100 Kirts Boulevard, Troy, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
This opening is for a day shift position.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $280M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Deltar Fasteners Account Manager for will be responsible for providing sales and account management for Telsa, Rivian, and related tiers. They will report to the Regional Sales Manager with additional support and guidance from OEM Global Key Account managers. Account Manager will be responsible to grow existing accounts, develop new accounts and establish strong contacts with customers. Initiates, and follow up on new product development opportunities and growth opportunities to support the division.
Location: Troy, MI.
· Along with the Sales Manager and Product Manager, establishes the goals for customer penetration to ensure growth with core type products on selected Focused Platform launches.
· Leverage local & global market knowledge to focus on growing products and introduce new ones applying an “outside – in” ITW discipline.
· Nurtures customer relationships that provide insight and a landscape where ITW has a competitive advantage through our “cradle to grave” relationships.
· Ownership of comprehensive market research aligned with the strategic growth priorities, to understand the market niche and growth opportunities within the ITW products.
· Maintains a continuing analysis of product reports for each of the products that the Product Manager will own.
· Takes ownership on products on future Focused Platforms within the Long Range Planning periods.
· Works with Regional Sales Manager and Global counterparts to develop local growth opportunities by leveraging Global portfolio to proliferate opportunities that may be new to our region but still fit within our product portfolio and manufacturing capabilities.
· Develops and maintains benchmarking tools for vehicle areas and associated products.
· Work closely with global Key Account Manager and colleagues from other global regions.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree - B.A. /B.S. from four-year College; Master’s Degree a plus
• Minimum 5-7 years of sales experience in the automotive industry
• Sales experience with EV OEMs (ie: Tesla, Rivian), proven track record of product knowledge including plastic fasteners a plus.
• Requires overall knowledge of all areas of the vehicle – interior/exterior, body/chassis, doors, fluid and electrical routing
• Ability to develop project budgets where cost, value and profit are fully understood. Supports Sales Manager and team with product forecasts such as Monthly /Quarterly reporting as well as in times of Capacity management, Long Range Plan and Annual Plan.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, program management and presentation skills with ability and willingness to communicate, and work with other regions and locations.
• Proven ability to deal with changes in the business or its environment.
• An inner drive to understand, communicate and exceed established agreed upon goals.
• Proven ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external customers/contacts, including the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team- oriented environment.
• Knowledge of 80/20 Toolbox and its principles or proven ability to focus and prioritize task and objectives
• Excellent personal computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Willing to travel; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.