Division IT Director – Global Seats & Motion and SafetyApply Job ID REF5829V Date posted 03/23/2022 Address 18531 Spring Creek Drive, Tinley Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.) is a Fortune 200 company and is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, automotive components, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with operations in 55 countries and an employee base of more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
The IT Director is responsible for setting vision and direction enabling both division (Seats & Motion and Safety) to achieve strategic technology and business objectives using the 80/20 IT Framework. The IT Director makes decisions concerning strategic initiatives through a demonstrated ability to use broad-based business information and knowledge. The IT Director ensures all activities related to Information Technology are coordinated, effective, and secure through proper oversight and guidance. The IT Director's role is to provide the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the organization's business objectives. The IT Director will work closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities to use knowledge and technology to improve business processes, promote the appropriate strategic use of information, and enable the workforce to use data and technology safely securely. The IT Director must be a driven, self-starter with excellent leadership and project management skills.
Work Locations:Greater Chicago Area
Strategy & Planning
- Partners with VP/GM’s and actively participates with leadership in strategy development and operational planning for the Divisions
- Partners on long-range and annual plan development. Identifies implications for IT strategy along with recommendations to support longer-term business growth.
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Use the ITW Toolbox (80/20, USa, etc) to analyze the Division's workflows and identify simplification opportunities. Work with end-users to implement simplification solutions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Accountable for ensuring the Division complies with the Corporate ITW Cybersecurity Framework.
- Actively oversees Cyber Security and Risk and ensures appropriate activities are identified and resources deployed for the risk level.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 15+ years related work experience. Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Experience at a global mid-market manufacturing company with $100M+ revenue is highly preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven record in business transformation and IT strategy development and execution
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- 5+ years' experience with multiple ERP platforms including implementation and production support.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Experience working with business leaders and business functions and can demonstrate a strong track record of success understanding the needs of the business and delivering technology solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience working with global stakeholders and managing teams a across regions (especially North America and Europe)
- Experience working in IT for a manufacturing company required
- Experience managing the IT budget for an organization is preferred.
- Experience managing vendor relationships including negotiating contracts and pricing is preferred.
- A business-focused leader who exploits information technology for business value
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to move fluidly between and communicate easily with executives and technical and non-technical professionals across business functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Position requires travel globally (up to 30% in North America & Europe). Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to travel internationally, if required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.