Field Service EngineerApply Job ID REF6012W Date posted 04/13/2022 Address Anywhere St. Louis, Saint Louis, Missouri Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
At Diagraph, we pride ourselves on offering our customers world-class solutions to meet their challenging product identification needs. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of inkjet coders, automated labeling systems, thermal transfer inkjet coders, and laser coders, Diagraph engineers and builds products to help manufacturers get products identified with manufacturing codes – such as lot codes, date codes, batch codes, barcodes – and out the door quickly and efficiently.
If you are a results driven, innovative and customer oriented person, Diagraph is the company for you!
As a Field Service Engineer, you are the front line of Diagraph’s customer interaction through delivering efficient field support in your assigned territory. With advanced technical and product training, you will further contribute to the success of Diagraph. ITW seeks to enhance our employee’s inner entrepreneur, with this position operating from home, and traveling to some of the greatest manufacturing plants in the nation, you will help drive our entrepreneurial culture. You will support sales of services and products while exceeding customer expectations through installations, repairs, and maintenance at our customer sites.
- Enhance customer satisfaction providing exceptional customer service
- Travels to customer sites and provides installation, emergency on-site repairs, preventative maintenance services, and training for Diagraph.
- Maintain first time fix and field response time customer satisfaction rate at the target rate
- Verify that machines are operating at peak efficiency through proper installation and/or setup and testing.
- Work as part of a regional and national team to drive profitable revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service related activities.
- Provide timely feedback to quality department on equipment reliability and design.
- Maintain a satisfactory parts inventory, requisitioning additional parts required to perform normal duties.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
- Complete detailed and accurate service reports and expense reports within the due dates specified.
- Conduct training with customer’s employees to ensure an understanding of the theory of operation, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment.
Education: Associates Degree in Electronics or related Technical Degree and/or military training required; Bachelors Degree in an Engineering field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in field customer service work or a commensurate military experience.
- Prior experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, emergency service and repairing electronics and mechanical machine problems in the field preferred.
- Basic electromechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and internal staff.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret technical information involving mechanics and electronics. Must be able to interpret schematic and electrical diagrams.
- Must be able to travel extensively up to 95% of the time and is experienced with significant time away from home for a field service role.
- Possess soldering techniques with actual experience soldering circuit boards and electronic components preferred.
- General knowledge of electrical circuits required - experience with PLC integration a plus.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision and manage difficult and high pressure customer situations.
- Ability to manage a dynamic service schedule in a manner that results in timely service for Diagraph customers
- Good time management, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Tolerance for working in stressful situations and environments.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Sense of urgency - having the drive and motivation to take action and prioritize daily tasks; working strategically to ensure we are getting to every customer.
other requirements and conditions
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to talk, hear, twist/turn, reach above shoulder and outward, handle/manipulate objects, stand, grasp with hands, bend squat and type, frequently sit, and occasionally climb and crawl.
2. The employee must carry up to 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds frequently. Employee must push and pull up to 50 pounds constantly and up to 100 pounds frequently.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus.
Working Conditions: Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
1. Plant Conditions (90%) with frequent exposure to machinery and loud noise
2. Travel (<95%)
3. Significant automobile driving (>60%)
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position: Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, calculator, telephone, scanners, printers. Electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscope and Multi-meter.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Must have a valid driver’s license. Intensive overnight travel in the field is to be expected.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
All activities, demands, conditions and requirements are linked to essential job functions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.