Purchasing ManagerApply Job ID REF2429Y Date posted 05/07/2021 Address 90 James Way, Southampton, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
M&C SPECIALTIES, an Illinois Tool Works (ITW) company located in Southampton, PA, has an exciting opportunity to join our team as our Purchasing Manager.
In operation since 1945, M&C is a global converter, contract manufacturer and fabricator of adhesive tapes, components, and finished products.
This position is responsible for managing and enhancing purchasing activities and processes, sourcing and distributing raw materials, developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain current purchasing and inventory processes to maximize revenue and margin.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Create and maintain professional working relationships with our suppliers in order to gain market share.
- Analyze, develop, and execute inventory plans, performance standards and periodic status reports.
- Develop and execute business plans on specific supplier products.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Production departments on questions regarding pricing and purchasing requirements.
- Identify risks and opportunities from emerging products and market trends.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Supervise (performance manage, develop and motivate) purchasing staff
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience overseeing a team.
- Proven experience managing and improving team performance
- Experience purchasing manufacturing inventory
- Experience in Supply Chain/Converting
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Proficient with MS Office and multiple systems and applications
- Open to travel if necessary
M&C offers competitive compensation plus a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
New employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health, prescription, dental and vision benefits on the first of the month following hire
- Generous 401(k) with company match immediately after hire PLUS an additional (3-6%) basic contribution into 401(k)
- Company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- Time off (vacation, sick, 11 paid holidays)
- Optional supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 3-to-1 matching gift to eligible charities
ITW M&C Specialties is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 215-322-1600, ext. 133 to request assistance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.