Manufacturing EngineerApply Job ID REF3245E Date posted 08/04/2021 Address 90 James Way, Southampton, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
M&C SPECIALTIES, a business within the Pressure Sensitive Adhesives & Components division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW) located in Southampton, PA, is searching for an innovative, energetic, and driven Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will develop creative engineering and manufacturing solutions to meet our customers' needs and support our strategic vision.
In operation since 1945, M&C is a global converter, contract manufacturer and fabricator of adhesive tapes, components, and finished products. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.mcspecialties.com.
Position Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for product requirement design and documentation including material selection, process optimization, and customer presentation for the fabrication of specialty die cut components with a focus on the healthcare, electronics, and automotive end markets.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Developing innovative engineering and manufacturing solutions by applying continuous improvement process analysis and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Improving manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assuring product and process quality by designing testing methods and process capabilities
- Determining root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluating capital equipment investments and preparing cost justifications. Managing the overall implementations of capital equipment projects.
- Developing tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and working with tooling vendors to supply such designs.
- Identifying and implementing solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
- Preparing documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Preparing reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Establishing statistical process measurements to identify opportunities for worker efficiency and reduced waste.
- Evaluating customer needs and developing proposals and presentations on how products can meet their needs and be integrated with their existing process
Skills and Competencies:
- Customer-focused mindset
- Project management skills, multi-tasking capabilities and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented, continuous improvement-focused, team player who can collaborate well with all levels of the business to achieve win-win outcomes
- Ability to generate, read, and interpret 2D and 3D drawings and specifications
- Strong experience with documentation and technical writing
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Exposure to Six Sigma Process Excellence tools and / or Lean Manufacturing along with ability to identify trends
- Commitment to safety and supporting an accident-free workplace
EDUCATION and/or EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline and three or more years of relevant experience.
M&C offers competitive compensation plus a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
New employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health, prescription, dental and vision benefits on the first of the month following hire
- Generous 401(k) with company match immediately after hire PLUS an additional (3-6%) basic contribution into 401(k)
- Company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- Time off (vacation, sick, 11 paid holidays)
- Optional supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 3-to-1 matching gift to eligible charities
ITW M&C Specialties is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 215-322-1600, ext. 133 to request assistance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.