Maintenance Technician - split shift (12:00 pm - 8:30 pm)Apply Job ID REF1533C Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 90 James Way, Southampton, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
M&C SPECIALTIES, a business within the Pressure Sensitive Adhesives & Components division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW) located in Southampton, PA, is looking for a Maintenance Technician to work split shift (12:00 pm - 8:30 pm)
In operation since 1945, M&C is a leading global converter with advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. We offer differentiated solutions and enhance our customers’ competitive advantage.
BASIC FUNCTION Performs routine and extensive preventive maintenance and repair procedures on building, mechanical equipment and utility systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performing minor and major repairs to building and equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspecting belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, greasing bearings, seals, etc.; repairing or replacing broken parts
- Calibrating and repairing pneumatic systems
- Replacing broken windows; repairing doors, door locks and closets; installing window blinds
- Completing required documentation for PM activity, facility maintenance, process improvements and downtime according to maintenance procedures
- Installing electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replacing and repairing wiring as needed
- Repairing electrical equipment and control circuits; replacing faulty electrical switches
- Responding to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Assisting with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairing plaster and drywall; painting, as needed
- Maintaining records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Performing outside custodial duties such as snow removal, as necessary
- Obtaining estimates and ordering supplies/repair parts, as needed
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to safety and supporting an accident-free workplace
- Quality conscious and customer-first mindset
- Ability to adhere to M&C’s quality standards and current good manufacturing practices
- General repair/maintenance skills and experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, read and comprehend machine manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to lift/move 100 pounds or more
ITW M&C Specialties is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 215-322-1600, ext. 133 to request assistance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.