Machine Operator - 1st shiftApply Job ID REF831Y Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 90 James Way, Southampton, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
M&C SPECIALTIES, a business within the Pressure Sensitive Adhesives & Components division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW) located in Southampton, PA, is looking for Machine Operators to join our team on 1st shift.
In operation since 1945, M&C is a leading global converter with advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. We offer differentiated solutions and enhance our customers’ competitive advantage
Operate machine(s) to convert (die cut, dri-edge, score, slit, laminate and print) pressure sensitive and non-pressure sensitive materials to a specified size or shape by:
- Following instructions of operations on work order for set up and operations of job
- Verifying materials are correct and quantity of materials is adequate to complete job
- Inserting tooling, if required, into die area and locking into place.
- Positioning material on machine to ensure proper alignment with tooling
- Adjusting tension on machine prior to running job and continuing to fine tune tension as needed throughout running of job
- Requesting Q.C. inspection of initial setup prior to running the job, conducting hourly quality checks during run, submitting final piece inspection approval prior to shipment to ensure quality standards are met to customer expectations and notifying supervisor immediately in event of non-conformance
- Measuring parts with calibrated ruler or caliper periodically to ensure correct dimensions of part
- Stripping waste material and checking depth of cut throughout job run
- Removing parts and stacking according to size and shape or packing into box to be shipped.
- Scanning in work order on computer prior to starting job, scanning out at end of shift and entering daily production numbers along with notes identifying any issues encountered during run
- Completing appropriate documentation after running each job
- Adhering to production expectations, including run rates, as set forth by specific work instructions
- HS diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year related experience or training
- Commitment to safety and supporting an accident-free workplace
- Quality conscious and customer-first mindset
- Ability to adhere to M&C’s quality standards and current good manufacturing practices
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions on work order for set up and operation of job.
- Good basic math skills
- Ability to correctly use and read measurement devices (standard and metric rulers, calipers, tape measure, etc.)
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to allow for courteous and effective interaction with subordinates, co-workers and management.
- Ability to meet production deadlines and achieve results
- Willingness and ability to be trained and train others on various machines and work activities
- Ability to handle and work with magnetic dies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand up to eight hours, or more, per day; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel, or operate equipment; reach with hands and arms, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and twist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must do daily housekeeping tasks to keep a neat work area and eliminate safety hazards. May be required to work with magnetic dies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work area is climate controlled and has a concrete floor. Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment is required to prevent exposure to potential hazards.
ITW M&C Specialties is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 215-322-1600, ext. 133 to request assistance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.