Customer Service RepresentativeApply Job ID REF2431Q Date posted 05/07/2021 Address 90 James Way, Southampton, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
M&C SPECIALTIES, an Illinois Tool Works (ITW) company located in Southampton, PA, is seeking an enthusiastic, empathetic customer-focused individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative.
In operation since 1945, M&C is a global converter, contract manufacturer and fabricator of adhesive tapes, components, and finished products.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing reliable and professional customer service to internal and external customers by gathering, evaluating, entering, and disseminating important information with a sense of urgency, while building strong relationships through regular contact with key customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishing and/or maintaining a relationship with customers by assisting them and ensuring their needs are met in a timely manner
- Responding promptly to telephone and e-mail inquiries about M&C’s capabilities and products
- Processing sales orders
- Reviewing customer’s demand forecast for order servicing
- Setting up and maintaining customer files
- Documenting customer requests for RFQ’s, samples, or other information
- Documenting customer-related activities
- Forwarding customer requests to the proper internal departments.
- Expediting customer order requests through production per company guidelines
- Communicating order revisions or other shipping date changes to customers
- Ensuring customers are satisfied with our resolution to customer complaints
- Soliciting feedback from key customers regularly via phone
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; minimum of 2 years customer service experience, preferably in a manufacturing company
- PC Skills (MS Outlook, Excel and Word)
- The ability to build influential relationships
- Strong communication, negotiating and organization skills
- Customer service orientation
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external resources to generate results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the Manufacturing Industry is a plus
- College degree, preferred but not required
M&C offers competitive compensation plus a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
New employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health, prescription, dental and vision benefits on the first of the month following hire
- Generous 401(k) with company match immediately after hire PLUS an additional (3-6%) basic contribution into 401(k)
- Company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- Time off (vacation, sick, 11 paid holidays)
- Optional supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 3-to-1 matching gift to eligible charities
ITW M&C Specialties is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call 215-322-1600, ext. 133 to request assistance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.