Material HandlerApply Job ID REF8547T Date posted 11/07/2022 Address 6875 Parkland Boulevard, Solon, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home.
We are currently seeking candidates for a 1st shift Material Handler in the Distribution Department. Hours will be 7:00am - 3:00pm Monday – Friday.
The Material Handler is responsible for the following:
- Required to work a minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Flexibility is an expectation of this job and employees may be asked to work overtime on weekends and holidays. All scheduling is dependent upon the distribution schedule and the Distribution Manager
- Will aid in the racking of all inbound freight from our outside vendors
- Will assist all other areas of the warehouse if needed (picking orders, cleaning, rework, etc.)
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate work activities with that of others as a cooperative member of a Team
- Ability to operate equipment requiring specialized knowledge of process
- Can estimate the speed of moving objects in order to maintain safe vehicle operation
- Responsible for safe and efficient manual organization of items onto skid
- Is able to plan and carryout movement or flow of materials or products in a productive manner
- Responsible to ask questions if unsure of process steps and to seek supervisory guidance
- Completes necessary requirements to fulfill customer orders accurately and efficiently
- Assists in finished goods inventory as required
- Independently performs aisle audits on a routine basis
- Responsible for safe, responsible equipment operation and work practices of self and others
- Ensures that each customer order is able to withstand transport through the use of wrapping process
- Must successfully complete a D.O.T. training course
- Responsible for adhering to all personal safety rules and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School graduate / GED with 2 years of prior shipping experience is required with direct experience in hazardous material for air/ocean freight shipments preferred.
- Must be experienced in driving motorized equipment (High-Lift/Reach Truck Required)
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions.
- Must recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Must possess the ability to count and make simple arithmetic additions, subtractions, multiplications and divisions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Pay Rate: $17.50 - $19.50 an hour depending on experience.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.