Maintenance SupervisorApply Job ID REF7976Q Date posted 09/20/2022 Address 6875 Parkland Boulevard, Solon, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home.
Responsible to schedule, coordinate, and supervise the maintenance of equipment. Maintains production equipment in a manner that meets business operational standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance programs and procedures. Oversees mechanics who repair and maintain equipment and inspects work for proper completion.
- Manage Maintenance Department mechanics on all 3 shifts to meet shift requirements.
- Manage Maintenance Department parts ordering, parts inventory, and parts automation.
- Manage Maintenance Department Work Order and Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Manage Maintenance Department annual budget
- Develop and implement Maintenance Department cost savings project
- Manage Maintenance Department employee appraisals, corrective action documentation, and necessary paperwork related to daily activities and/or projects
- Troubleshoot and diagnoses problems with equipment malfunctions.
- Interpret drawings and schematics to and determine the best method for corrective action.
- Develop Maintenance Department mechanics skills, and routinely inspects their work.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Degree Preferred.
- Must have experience with the controls of electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret machine assembly drawings and schematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interfaces with the manufacturing department, quality assurance, engineering, purchasing and warehouse personnel.
- This role has the authority to prioritize the workload to be completed. In addition, may shut down any of the machines when safety problems arise.
- The nature of this position requires standing/walking nearly 100% of the working shift. Some lifting, 50 pounds and above, as well as bending, climbing, and twisting motions are required.
- Finger/hand dexterity is essential to perform duties involving grasping, pulling, pushing, and twisting motions. In addition, environmental factors that are present for this position include: working in heat or cold, around dust, chemicals, noise, and heights.
- This position requires the use of chemicals, some of which may contain hazardous material and involves handling, moving, storing and/or disposing of waste that may contain hazardous materials. Proper training, protective equipment and instruction for safety practices will be provided.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.