International ShipperApply Job ID REF3143S Date posted 07/25/2021 Address 6875 Parkland Boulevard, Solon, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home. We are seeking someone to join our 1st shift distribution team supporting the Global Tire Repair business in our Solon, OH facility.
- Required to work a minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Flexibility is an expectation of this job and workers may be asked to work overtime on weekends. All scheduling is dependant upon the distribution schedule and the distribution manager.
- Possesses the ability to independently plan work activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate work activities with that of others as a cooperative member of a Team.
- Experience with the operation of high lift, fork lift and low lift with the appropriate training and certification.
- Responsible for safe and efficient manual organization of items onto skids.
- Assists in finished goods inventory as required.
- Responsible for safe, responsible equipment operation and work practices of self and others.
- Enlisted to maintain a clean working environment.
- Must successfully complete a RFGEN/RF training course.
- Responsible for adhering to all personal safety rules and procedures.
- Responsible for end of shift organization / dock doors, dock locks, notifying next shift of any late pick ups.
- Ensures all hazardous material shipment documentation is completed and accurate.
- Must be compliant with International picking and shelf life requirements to maintain process standards.
- Operates various computer systems (FedEx, Worldship) as required.
- Prepare packing slips which will include weight, cubes of skids and additionally meet country and customer specific requirements.
- Loads, blocks and braces truck and containers to ensure safe transport and prevent shifting. Must utilize the proper woods and markings are used to meet all country requirements
- Maintains order until complete, checks for stock updates, shipping information and terms.
- Ensures all shipments that require ISPM-15, hardwood, and/or bark free are compliant and all blocking bracing and skids are appropriately marked.
- IMO/IMDG hazardous material certification required.
- Working knowledge of NAFTA requirements and certificates.
- · Picking/Packing Domestic Retail Orders
- Be flexible to work in other departments packing and processing OEM orders and help with putaway with receiving
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School graduate / GED with 2 years of prior shipping experience is required with direct experience in hazardous material for air/ocean freight shipments preferred. Must be experienced in driving motorized equipment.
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions. Must recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Must possess the ability to count and make simple arithmetic additions, subtractions, multiplications and divisions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to calculate cube usage for ocean, air and truck shipments to minimize shipping costs.
- Must have functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel with ability to produce and maintain spreadsheets, labels, forms and records.
- Ensure each customer order is reviewed to meet specific customer and country requirements and packed accordingly.
- Ability to interact directly with customer and other departments to streamline shipments.
Permatex is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.