Cost Accounting ManagerApply Job ID REF8078R Date posted 09/27/2022 Address 6875 Parkland Boulevard, Solon, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Permatex is a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Product categories include gasket makers, sealants, hand cleaners, threadlockers, adhesives, cleaners, repair kits, and lubricants under well-recognized brand names such as Permatex®, the Right Stuff®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, Versachem®, and Devcon® home.
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for providing timely, accurate information to Management in order to assist in the evaluation and decision-making processes relating to product costing, the budgeting, reporting and analysis of actual operating results and performance, and the management of and protection of Company assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish annual standard costs and estimate the cost of potential new products.
- Coordinate the annual budget preparation for all Manufacturing operations and related support functions, including Distribution and R&D functions.
- Maintain insights into inventory and transaction activity, including any potential problem areas such as obsolete or slow-moving inventory, or transaction input errors.
- Manage month-end and year-end financial closes as it relates to the manufacturing operations including freight and utility accruals, and associated facility expenses
- Manage account analysis and reconciliation of inventory records, including in-transit, prepayments to vendors, and unvouchered receipts.
- Coordinate the planning, execution and reconciliation of the annual physical inventory.
- Capitalize, dispose and maintain fixed assets in ITW software and related depreciation costs, and support the preparation of capital projects for internal approval.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable activities related to the Manufacturing / Distribution facility
- Internal controls related to expenses, capitalization, end of month revenue recognition
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality required.
- JDE experience preferred.
- Intermediate Excel (PivotTables/Lookups) and general PC knowledge required
- Understanding of Access and relational databases is a plus or desire/ability to learn these skills
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and maintaining a professional demeanor are necessary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.